Lost my temper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lonestar

Veteran
I meant that the headlights may be a clue that he can't see too well. Nor does he think that much when driving.

No worries,sorry I took it badly last night.:cursing:

It really wasn't a nice incident and totally unexpected.How he didn't wipe me out I don't know.I had no option but to ride through and dodge but he did brake at the last moment.I believe it was a Polish Land Rover registration.

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
No worries,sorry I took it badly last night.:cursing:

It really wasn't a nice incident and totally unexpected.How he didn't wipe me out I don't know.I had no option but to ride through and dodge but he did brake at the last moment.I believe it was a Polish Land Rover registration.

I don't think there was much you could do, and the words were probably spoken with some feeling.

MattDB

Über Member
Quite a few people, seeing a bike, turn half way across me - I think their intention is to save time but it always scares this s**t out of me wondering if they'll stop or not. Occasionally they don't!

Lonestar

Veteran
Quite a few people, seeing a bike, turn half way across me - I think their intention is to save time but it always scares this s**t out of me wondering if they'll stop or not. Occasionally they don't!

Im not sure I really believe that with my incident.I think the driver was distracted by something.Although I couldn't see in.Tinted windows as far as I recall.

Five years ago but I don't think I will ever forget it.The car went into the turn slowly but then suddenly surged forward like a runaway.

Last edited:

Wolf616

Über Member
My new-found rage on a bicycle worries me slightly, I must admit. I've started to rationalise it somewhat though; it's far less bad to be angry when someone almost kills you (i.e. almost every time someone on a bicycle sees red) as opposed to the general reasons motorists in Big Metal Killing Boxes seem to get angry.

Someone turning right out of a junction almost ploughed directly into me this morning, had he been going even a tiny bit faster I would have been done for. I gesticulated wildly and swore as he swerved and pulled in behind me. I was getting ready to shout more abuse and perhaps flip him the V as he overtook but he politely stayed behind me and then, when we reached a red traffic light, wound down his window and apologised profusely. I felt a little bad for getting so angry at him, to be honest, although in the heat of the moment it certainly felt at least a little justified.

BEHMOTH66

My new-found rage on a bicycle worries me slightly, I must admit. I've started to rationalise it somewhat though; it's far less bad to be angry when someone almost kills you (i.e. almost every time someone on a bicycle sees red) as opposed to the general reasons motorists in Big Metal Killing Boxes seem to get angry.

Someone turning right out of a junction almost ploughed directly into me this morning, had he been going even a tiny bit faster I would have been done for. I gesticulated wildly and swore as he swerved and pulled in behind me. I was getting ready to shout more abuse and perhaps flip him the V as he overtook but he politely stayed behind me and then, when we reached a red traffic light, wound down his window and apologised profusely. I felt a little bad for getting so angry at him, to be honest, although in the heat of the moment it certainly felt at least a little justified.
I had a similar incident Friday a van pulled over with indicating and I gave him a sarcastic statement about indicators. He couldn't apologise enough explained he was having a crap 12 hour day and just wanted to get home. Ended with a handshake and smile best near miss I've ever had

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I assume they won't. When they do, it's a bonus.

I've actually had a car drive at me, admittedly only at walking pace, when I was stationary at a T-junction. He only actually clocked I was there when my right arm was touching his window. (By then, I was in the process of trying to get my bike and me out of his line of travel). With that level of awareness evident, assuming every driver is a dick is the safest option. That's my only assumption about drivers and their likely behaviour.

Top Bottom