Sometimes repling to posters is worthwhile.
I've just had this conversation with someone...
Youtuber:
You were in the wrong totally, i would have gave you more than a hand gesture.
You put videos up moaning about people then you post this video up and ask who was in the wrong, what a tosser.
Magnatom:
So I am a tosser because I ask who is wrong. Have a look at earlier comments, you will find that I admit that I was wrong here and have changed my cycling accordingly. It's all about admitting mistakes and learning from them. Do you?
Youtuber:
Yes i do, i still think its stupid of you to post the video asking who was at fault when it was you that was in the wrong by a mile, i have looked at most of your videos and you think you own the road!!!
Magnatom:
Oh yes I own the road LOL! Unfortunately at the moment cars 'own' the road, damage the road, clog up the road, kill on the road etc. Your anger is aimed in the wrong place.
Who pays the most for the road? Is it those who drive on it? In general no. A lot of cyclists have a car (i.e. pay VED, like I do) and yet chose not to drive. So in fact cyclists (who on average earn more and thus pay more tax, apparently) subsidise the roads. Surprising, isn't it...
Youtuber:
Haha don't make me laugh, at the end of the day i am only giving my opinion across, like i said YOU WHERE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD, YOU WERE IN THE WRONG. you asked for us to decide so i told you...
You would be the first to moan if someone came into your lane to over take ?
Magnatom:
Opinion is good. I welcome that. Always have, and that is the point of my videos. However, why call me a tosser. I made a mistake and have learned from it. No need for childish name calling is there?
I'm curious, what do you think is funny about my last comment? Let me know your opinion on it? Did I say something that is inaccurate?
Youtuber:
Well i apologies about the comment, its just most and i said most not all people on bikes really annoy me, go through red lights etc and its really bugs me,
Magnatom:
No worries, I've had a lot worse!
I agree that a lot of cyclists don't ride properly. However, there are a lot who do (you just won't notice them!). One way to look at it, is people will do what they think they can get away with. Some cyclists will run red lights etc. The equivalent for drivers is speeding, using mobiles etc. You have to ask yourself, which is the more dangerous, and which should we be more concerned about.
Just remember, we aren't all lycra louts! :-)
Youtuber:
Also some of the drivers in your videos i would have got off my bike and gave them a seeing to to be honest mate, ar$e holes
Magnatom:
There certainly are idiots out there. However, the vast majority are very good and do give me room etc. It's just not as interesting to show on the internet! ;-)
Google 'Magnatom FAQ' to see some of the questions I'm often asked, and my answers.
Have a good New Year! :-)