Lost: one mojo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I find myself preferring to eat crap and drink beer in the evenings, then stay in bed, then getting out and riding.

Despite the fact that I bloody love getting out there.

How do I rekindle the embers?

Adam4868

Guru
I find myself preferring to eat crap and drink beer in the evenings, then stay in bed, then getting out and riding.

What I tend to do is go out Friday night and drink enough to make me swear I'll never touch another drop....
I only ride in the week so I'm usually good to go again by the following Friday.

5013D25C-92E5-4B5B-8C71-5FBDE1E9A723.jpeg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.

End every ride at a pub, Thats what our group does, works for me. one and a half hour ride, then two hours in the pub, talking b******s.:cheers:
https://www.strava.com/activities/2350234402

Felt the same end of last year and hardly rode from September on and nothing from December. Made a comeback in Jan and did my knee in which put me out until April this year. Nearly 6 months off the bike, so I'm well motivated to get going again now, although returning to fitness is hard work. After that break what's most noticeable is the feeling of well-being from being back on the bike, it's like a drug, I feel better mentally and physically. Sometimes you need a break or I do. Don't beat yourself up if you do.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
There must be more than one pub where you are. An excuse to ride further.^_^

@Racing roadkill demolishes all the pubs he visits. He used to be known as wreck it Ralph

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I'm wondering if it's part of a wider malaise... I can't motivate myself to do much at all these days.

Even buying a new car has left me flat.

It's such a shame because I have excellent cycling around and about. I've had a couple of commuting incidents recently which has left me feeling a bit like it's easier not to bother, but it's the demise of the weekend stuff which has left me feeling down.

I even did an hour on the turbo trainer on Sunday rather than go out in slightly chilly (but not too unkind) weather.

Top Bottom