Lost - walking boots.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Do couples have different ways of looking?

I have a partner who walks around saying. " I canno see them, they are lost"
I have learned this is marriage code for " look for my whatever and get a move on."

Sadly, for our relationship I am boring and methodical.
Questions like which ones are you looking for, what colour, where did you last see them etc releases accusations if not helping and worse.
Suggestions like you took them to the charity shop before Christmas and similar is just parafin to the fire.
Cynically I've learned to join in walking around and opening and closing cupboard doors.
You don't seem to have to actually look for anything, just open the door, cursory glance and close the door. A harrumph and shrug if the shoulders is also acceptable.

Sometimes I can sneak off to the garage with the I'll check the garage, car, saddle bags, panniers or whatever. Hang around until things calm down. Or I find something worthwhile to do there

This all seems a bit of "gesture searching" But it seems to have worked for more than 40 if the last 50 years.

There can only be a metaphysical explanation for the chain of events that put an inkjet printer in the oven though.

Jameshow

Veteran
Do couples have different ways of looking?

I have a partner who walks around saying. " I canno see them, they are lost"
I have learned this is marriage code for " look for my whatever and get a move on."

Sadly, for our relationship I am boring and methodical.
Questions like which ones are you looking for, what colour, where did you last see them etc releases accusations if not helping and worse.
Suggestions like you took them to the charity shop before Christmas and similar is just parafin to the fire.
Cynically I've learned to join in walking around and opening and closing cupboard doors.
You don't seem to have to actually look for anything, just open the door, cursory glance and close the door. A harrumph and shrug if the shoulders is also acceptable.

Sometimes I can sneak off to the garage with the I'll check the garage, car, saddle bags, panniers or whatever. Hang around until things calm down. Or I find something worthwhile to do there

This all seems a bit of "gesture searching" But it seems to have worked for more than 40 if the last 50 years.

There can only be a metaphysical explanation for the chain of events that put an inkjet printer in the oven though.

Yeap defo a cursory looker until the heat is dissipated then I'll slop off to my previous occupation!!

Top Bottom