lots of crying depressed girls walking around college

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
...all complaining about how bad their exams went.

Best comforting words people? :smile:
haha....if only I wasn't so busy with exams myself, not that I am much of an opportunist myself to be honest.:laugh:

'They're looking for check-out girls at Sainsbury's: £4.60 an hour!' :smile:

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
User3143 said:
TBH I get a bit pissed at people like this. Ask them how much work they have actually done and nine times out of ten it's **** all.

They'll never learn, some even blame it on ''It's how you are on the day.'' That's simply bollox and you are only setting yourself up to fail again.

''You can fail many times at many things but the day you balme your failings on something else is the day you become a true failure.''

My apologies if that appears a bit rantish.

I love a good rant.
I disagree though, most of them are really clever girls who have worked really hard, but are completely overreacting and will infact still get 100%, crying because they weren't completely sure of the answer to one small question

montage said:
I love a good rant.
I disagree though, most of them are really clever girls who have worked really hard, but are completely overreacting and will infact still get 100%, crying because they weren't completely sure of the answer to one small question

In that case, tell 'em to shut the phuk up! :smile:

barq

At university level I deal with quite a mixture. Lots of the time the students who worry and make appointments to see me have nothing to worry about. It tends to be those who don't engage who run into trouble.

I realise this may not help montage's 'comforting' strategy, but I just thought I'd throw it in. :smile:

battered

Guru
I remember someone at uni who spent what seemed like her entire final year complaining to anyone who would listen that there was a reference on the reading list that she hadn't read because it was only available from the Brit Library on the other side of London. What she didn't say was that she'd read *all* the others from lists covering several A4 pages. Needless to say she got a 1st, went on to do a PhD at Cambridge and now heads up a research team for Astra Zeneca. I suspect that some of your colleagues will share a similar lack of success, you can tell them so from me.

Jmetz

people genuinely infuriate me within education, you get the group who cry when they do crap and have done zero work and the other end where by people claim to do nothing and spend their entire life doing work.

Messed up because such views continue into the working environment, people should be proud of having put work in and be honest about it!

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Jmetz said:
people genuinely infuriate me within education, you get the group who cry when they do crap and have done zero work and the other end where by people claim to do nothing and spend their entire life doing work.

Messed up because such views continue into the working environment, people should be proud of having put work in and be honest about it!

Yer I know. I'm thinking of not answering questions in my exams because I don't want to appear too good. It's a tricky dilema

Maz

Guru
Dayvo said:
'They're looking for check-out girls at Sainsbury's: £4.60 an hour!' :biggrin:
Alternatively, they can try the lotus position whilst chanting the mantra:
Want fries with that?
Want fries with that?
Want fries with that?...

When ever any of my peers or I get upset about assessments our physics lecturer just tells us to suck it up and be a man.

But then she is a six foot, blonde, motorcycle riding, kickboxer. We tend to just do as she tells us.

darkstar

I have to say, if I ever find an exam tough, I seek comfort when i se people crying, as i know other found it harder...:biggrin:

Top Bottom