Love it or hate it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

siadwell

Guru
Screw the lids on to the underside of your shed/garage shelving. Fill jars with miscellaneous screws, nails, bolts, etc. Handy storage for those odds & ends.
Brings back memories of when I was a kid as my dad did this with jam jars. Of course, they were all different types of jar so if he took down a few to look for something, he could never get them back on the right lids.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I love Marmite and munch my way through loads of it. It made me the beefcake I am today. I also use it to make new Y fronts appear aged and broken in.

Anyway, I have a strange fascination with the jars. Once I've finished munching the contents I wash the jars, remove the labels, and for reasons I can't quite fathom I keep them. As a result I now have about a dozen Marmite jars on the workbench.

Does anyone have any suggestions, sensible or humorous, as to uses I could put them to?
I used to save all mine too... the plan was to print off a load of replica Marmite labels, but with Paprika, Sage, Turmeric, etc. in the marmite font and use them as herb/spice jars. Never got round to it so they eventually went into the recycling bin.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Why is Marmite almost unspreadable now? It used to be more liquified, like treacle, but now its like toffee!

Bovril is better anyway and you get the same jar :smile:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Hasn't it gone the other way? Squirtable Marmite is an absolute abomination.:cry:
I've never heard of squirtable Marmite! The last jar I had of the normal stuff was awful. Instead of spreading it tore the bread up. I threw it away still half full.

Does squirty Marmite taste the same?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've never heard of squirtable Marmite! The last jar I had of the normal stuff was awful. Instead of spreading it tore the bread up. I threw it away still half full.

Does squirty Marmite taste the same?
Sort of, but you can't smear it on toast in same way as proper Marmite. It's all thin and runny. I beg you not to use this vastly inferior product.

7A127020-1741-46F2-88A5-E82D74468DA4.jpeg

And of course you all know what the flat spot is for

Don’t you?

Top Bottom