Love it or hate it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You know that's no way to treat a lid. xx(

I know, it’s empty and will be washed for further use soon, if only someone would start a thread with usage suggestions

The jars? Keep your manly nails and screws and bits left over from things you've 'fixed'
Good heavens man, surely everyone knows that the only way to deal with leftover screws from repaired devices is to throw them out the window?

They breed inside electrical equipment. You open it up, effect a repair, it works, you close it back up and then you notice that you're left with one small screw.

So you open it back up to find out where the screw came from, only you can't find it, and now the device no longer works, and when you close it back up you now have two small screws left over. Many a great engineer's career has been ruined by this phenomenon.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Anyway, I have a strange fascination with the jars. Once I've finished munching the contents I wash the jars, remove the labels, and for reasons I can't quite fathom I keep them. As a result I now have about a dozen Marmite jars on the workbench.

Serial killers collect totems of their victims - just sayin'.....

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
They make very good herb, and spice jars on account of the darkened glass.

For a nice retro 70's feel, print out the contents on your dymo embosser, to stick on your jars, and then screw the lids* to the underside of your kitchen cabinets.

* AFAIK this activity was a prerequisite of being anyones grandpa-with-a-shed before the 1980's.

The same method has been lovingly recreated, as a tribute, here in the barn workshop.

They make very good herb, and spice jars on account of the darkened glass.

For a nice retro 70's feel, print out the contents on your dymo embosser, to stick on your jars, and then screw the lids* to the underside of your kitchen cabinets.

* AFAIK this activity was a prerequisite of being anyones grandpa-with-a-shed before the 1980's.

The same method has been lovingly recreated, as a tribute, here in the barn workshop.

I'm jealous of your dymo embosser and I don't even know what it is

tony111

Veteran
image.jpeg
View attachment 486552 Put em on display.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I neither love it nor hate it. I quite like it sometimes but only buy probably one jar a year.

As for the jars - you could make your own infused oils; I'm thinking oregano, chilli, garlic (as to your taste).

Or you could experiment with masking off different parts with anything heatproof, then heating up a section then plunging in cold water so that you get a clean break. Sand off the sharp edges and see what useful shapes you could get. Or maybe fill the jars with concrete and let it set, break the jar and sculpt/sad/paint/varnish to your desired design.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

Omg I even had one of these shelves as a kid.
To display my little China 'Whimsy' animules.. :rolleyes:

Sorry, having a little retro moment there.. :blush:

How does one make infused oils?

Gosh, it's so simple, I reckon even you could manage it.

Basically you put your cleaned chosen 'erb, in a decent quality oil.

Leave out in direct sunlight for a week or two..

Turning regularly - perhaps even daily, if you're of an interventionist mindset.

Then store normally until ready to use for salad dressings, bread dipping, or rub it in all over, post bike ride embrocation. :bicycle:

Top Bottom