Love notes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Although the point about the sight lines is kind of valid as these will have been taken into account when the driveways were built, as part of the planning process.

Personally I'd ban all on-street parking outside of designated bays, but I need to get my own driveway in order before I start banging on about it too much.

I was well away from his drive and the roads on a decent incline it’s a small car as well, if he can’t see he shouldn’t be driving tbh.

Only time I have either confronted someone about parking is when someone parked across my driveway as I was trying to exit it haha

winjim

Smash the cistern
I was well away from his drive and the roads on a decent incline it’s a small car as well, if he can’t see he shouldn’t be driving tbh.

Only time I have either confronted someone about parking is when someone parked across my driveway as I was trying to exit it haha
I wasn't meaning to cast aspersions on your parking, just making a general point. It's perfectly possible to park both legally and inconsiderately.

Of course all private car use is by its nature inconsiderate, but that's another story...

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Be careful - he could turn out to be like this chap:
https://www.somersetcountygazette.c...in-parking-row-gets-six-years-in-jail/?ref=ar

While you might be in the right, I'd be looking for somewhere else to park. It's not worth the hassle.

That’s the scary thing at the moment people’s tolerance is absolute zero it seems.

@winjim no worries I didn’t take it that way, I parked no where near a drive and not opposite to one, from what my friend says the locals are just hostile to all people parking there.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m a little miffed, as I felt like I’m trying to do the decent thing, reducing air pollution and congestion is a good thing.

Shame more people don’t commute by bike, or park and ride like in the Netherlands.
Cycle the whole way? Or use a carpark if that’s truly not feasible . That’s usually how park and ride works surely?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Vandalism is no longer a crime? Destruction of a person property is no longer a crime?
Seems not to be now, they are more interested in somebody's hurt feelings on Facebook or some silly person sending nudy pictures to someone they've never met who then puts them on the net.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Cycle the whole way? Or use a carpark if that’s truly not feasible . That’s usually how park and ride works surely?

I cycle the whole way when possible, days I drop the kids off isn’t possible due to timing, Earliest I can drop the kids off doesn’t leave me enough time to make it to work.

And T Wells car parks are either horrific costs and too close to work meaning a partial commute would be pointless, or 3hr max stays.

I will look at some of the villages just outside and have a more scenic ride in, or I will ask a friend if I can use their drive or park outside their house.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Seems not to be now, they are more interested in somebody's hurt feelings on Facebook or some silly person sending nudy pictures to someone they've never met who then puts them on the net.

This is true, my brother isn’t allowed contact with his ex girlfriend, anyway she posted a picture on FB of my brothers son, he liked the picture and later on 4 cops are at my mums door for breach of restraining order.

I had to go round a fool everyone down and explained his restraining order was only for distance to her and that social media was/isn’t mentioned also the fact she had tagged my brother could be considered as bait.

There was a guy where I used to work who would regularly park his car outside someone else's house and ride in, he said that it was because he didn't want to pay parking for the day. The thing is, where he used to leave it, although legal, was a right pain for anyone using that road by holding up oncoming traffic. He didn't help reduce congestion, he added to it !!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
A few years ago i had a courtesy car for a day from a car main dealer up in Skipton. They needed our car for the day so we decided to make a day of it and take our courtesy car and have a day trip on the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway. Checking in our car and collecting the courtesy car was delayed slightly so we were a bit late getting to the start point for the train journey.
With minutes to spare, we parked in a pretty much deserted residential street close to the station and quickly pushed our 2 young children across to the train platform.
When we returned later in the day to the still largely empty street we found both mirrors broken off the courtesy car!
I had to foot the bill for the damage. There was no problem with me parking there other than vindictive residents. I did report it to the police but they just weren't interested.....

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
There was a guy where I used to work who would regularly park his car outside someone else's house and ride in, he said that it was because he didn't want to pay parking for the day. The thing is, where he used to leave it, although legal, was a right pain for anyone using that road by holding up oncoming traffic. He didn't help reduce congestion, he added to it !!

this I can understand, but I use a side road that has very little through traffic and where I park is a max of 3-4 cars, the other place I used was a Cul-De-Sac again I parked no where near peoples drives and not opposite.

Both places are far enough out to mean people won't park and walk.

I mean meh I can just use the 2.2 litre S-max every day sit in traffic and add to the congestion and air pollution...

Globalti

Legendary Member
What's a write off1 ?

Residents get terribly upset about people parking on the road in their patch but it's a public highway so they don't own it. I got a similar note recently for daring to park on the public highway in a small estate opposite the hospital. I expect the residents are heartily sick of people parking there for free and walking over rather than spending £1.90 to park at the hospital. I parked on the road (not the pavement) well away from anybody's driveway.

Top Bottom