Lovely day for it, don't you think?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The frost on Wimbledon Common glinting in the crisp morning sun. Tights and full-finger gloves on for the first time this year. That first-5-minutes of being freezing until the blood gets pumping and you warm up

My favourite type of day for cycling - confirms my faith in cycle commuting.

A nice cycle here in Glasgow too, with the added bonus of the schools being off this week :ohmy:.

There is just something about cold, still days. I really feel sorry for cagers on days like this, they really don't know what they are missing :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ratty2k

Yep, same here as well, lovely morning, dark when I set off and the sun just peeping over the top of a hill on the way. Georgeous!!!! No frost here tho' but a very heavy dew.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nice in Manchester - got a little foggy near the Mersey - my thermal/windproof top and one underlayer kept me toasty....ears froze a bit, so skull cap tomorrow. You should have seen the plume of steam coming off me as I locked up the bike......awesome !

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Lovely in Leith; very, very cold and a only light breeze. 5 minutes of freezing gums and teeth until I warmed up to my usual toastiness. I'll have to get some thermal socks though - my toes felt a bit cold by the time I got to work !

There's something magical about cycling in the cold. Sweeping past folks shivering at bus stops, or drivers scraping the ice of their windows, and knowing that you're well on your way and lovely and warm.

Nothing else in the world like it. :ohmy:

Tetedelacourse

goo_mason said:
Lovely in Leith; very, very cold and a only light breeze. 5 minutes of freezing gums and teeth until I warmed up to my usual toastiness. I'll have to get some thermal socks though - my toes felt a bit cold by the time I got to work !

There's something magical about cycling in the cold. Sweeping past folks shivering at bus stops, or drivers scraping the ice of their windows, and knowing that you're well on your way and lovely and warm.

Nothing else in the world like it. :biggrin:

How did you warm your teeth up?:ohmy::biggrin:

PrettyboyTim

I like fruitcake.

I don't see why shorts should be a problem at that temperature - it must have only been 6 or 7 degrees C this morning and I didn't notice the cold on my legs at all. My fingers got a bit cold though.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
was a chilly one this morning, felt a bit slower than usual. i blame the mudguards.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Not so keen myself - morning fog (not the freezing cold rain I got part way through yesterday though) and everyone seems to be passing way too close recently (not changed my road positioning or anything, it just seems that more people are willing to bet on beating me through pinch points lately).

Still in shorts myself (and the Aldi cycling socks are good at keeping the tootsies warm) although today is the first day I've not unzipped my jacket to cool off...

spindrift

No offence, just joshing, but Hibernians have a remarkable tolerance for weather extremes and at temperatures of minus ten have even been known to put their shirt back on.

Top Bottom