Lovely lips in a Mini

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_L

Über Member
Coming home today at a junction with a cycle lane. Stopped at a red light.

I'm at the front, so as to dictate the flow of traffic away from the junction, which on a green light we do, so i then move back into the cycle lane. As we enter a left hand bend, some dizzy bint in a Mini cuts over the cycle lane and does a pretty good job of welding me to the railing. Fortunately for me i pre-empt what is going to happen as she just gave me the impresasion she was about to do what she did, so no real harm done.

As she goes past me however, i'm stunned to see she is applying lip stick whilst driving. To be perfectly honest i don't think she had any idea what she had done.

At the next red light i pull up alongside her and shout "lovely lips, but shoot driving" to which she looks at me as if to wonder what my problem was!

Still, i took two positives from the encounter. One, i was ok and it could've been much worse and 2. She was really fit!!!!

Twiggy

At least you didn't get hurt.

But come on, you can't just be willing to forgive because nothing bad happened this time and she's pretty.

It doesn't really surprise me. I was once stopped at traffic lights behind a van and a couple of cars were stopped behind my bike. After a few minutes I suddenly felt myself getting pushed towards the van. I looked back to see a dovy bint reaching into her glove compartment for her lippy; she certainly didn't have lovely lips :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul_L

Paul_L

Über Member
At least you didn't get hurt.

But come on, you can't just be willing to forgive because nothing bad happened this time and she's pretty.

No of course not. I was trying to make light of what happened. But she looked completely oblivious to her carelessness. In terms of constructive outcome, it serves as a reminder - as if one is needed - to expect anything and everything at all times.

Twiggy

Ahh, I try to remember whilst on the road, that I am surounded by utter idiots who have not seen me, and even if they did see me, they'd ignore me.

Then to ride approriately given that situation.

StuartG

slower but further
Wrong approach. How's about "let me buy you dinner" ... then some sweet pillow talk about her positioning.
Make friends not enemies!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Nothing beats giving a bit of lip to a poor driver.

redddraggon

Blondie
28705d1249474228-my-new-straight-razor-stand-44789.-thread-completely-useless-without-images-1-.jpg

Crankarm

Guru
She was paying you lip service, the kiss of death :girl: .

Doesn't suprise me the car she was driving was a Mini
as they are one of the most lethally driven makes of car
on the roads.

e-rider

crappy member
I got forced off the road once and came very very close to my first ever collision with a car - it pulled out straight in front of me - I got a look at the driver and it was a woman doing something like reading/sending a text message on her mobile phone - she had no idea that she nearly killed me or that I was even there.

I reported it to the police with reg plate details etc. and they said unless she actually hit me there was nothing they could do (they did take a report though) so I guess she was never contacted by the law and has probably gone on to kill someone!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Ahh, I try to remember whilst on the road, that I am surrounded by half blind half witted homicidal maniacs whose needs and wants are of far great importance than mine, who have not seen me yet, and if they did happen to see me, would attempt to kill me.

Then to ride approriately given that situation.

Fixed that.

Top Bottom