Low-cost Di2 upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSK

Since selling my Trek Alpha 2.3, I want another Alumium bike in the stable.

Whilst the Nirone is looked down upon, largely to its poverty spec groupset, I believe the frame is supposed to be a bit of a peach. I may have to go down the frameset option as finding one in 59cm and unmarked condition may not be easy. But it was this thread I recalled and thought, hmmm, Nirone + Di2 = winner ad a do it machine.

I have a few brand new bits in the man cave, Bontrager Aero Alloy bars, Campag and ProLite wheel sets so should be able to cobble something reasonable together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Since selling my Trek Alpha 2.3, I want another Alumium bike in the stable.

Whilst the Nirone is looked down upon, largely to its poverty spec groupset, I believe the frame is supposed to be a bit of a peach. I may have to go down the frameset option as finding one in 59cm and unmarked condition may not be easy. But it was this thread I recalled and thought, hmmm, Nirone + Di2 = winner ad a do it machine.

I have a few brand new bits in the man cave, Bontrager Aero Alloy bars, Campag and ProLite wheel sets so should be able to cobble something r

Sounds like an excellent idea - The Via Nirone 7 is one of the most successful Bianchi models ever for exactly the reason you state - the frame is indeed a bit of a peach :okay: Lots of different paint jobs over the years to choose from too if you're buying second hand :okay:

Reactions: DSK
Top Bottom