Low life scums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
point is...why put your purse down on the counter for 30 seconds?..if she didnt leave it unattended,why didnt she see them?...really odd

Can think of any number of scenarios where one might do that. The first is wallet/purse being an impediment to collecting loose change from bottom of a pocket or bag. God knows how many times I've walked out of our local shop leaving my car keys on the counter for that reason.

Lullabelle

Banana
My wife was in the corner shop buying sweets for our grand child. She put her purse down on the counter and half a minute later, when she went to pick it up, it was gone!! Somebody has stolen it! She reported it to the police who advised her to look at the security camera. When she did so, the picture was black so no record of anything. So she lost her driving licence, bank card , credit card and £100 cash. Obviously, she told the bank and re ordered a new driving licence. How can somebody do that? Don't those people think that the money may be to feed kids, pay rent and so on? Luckily, we are in a better position but they don't know that. I despair in people sometimes. I was brought up to be honest and brought my own kids that way too. Stealing is not my way of life and never will be. There is no excuse for stealing somebody else's possessions.

:hugs:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
i'm a really nice man,:smile:vern.i feel sorry for the lady sure,but should know better.......i'm always ahead..and i never quit:okay:

I bet you wear one of these too

image_16353_1_195315_1_38903_1_48_1_763343.jpg

TVC

Replying to the OP, there are some out there with no concience. True there are those with addictions that they have to feed through crime, and you might consider them victims as well. However there is a subset of humanity - and I have worked along side a few prize examples - who will just take anything that comes within the grasp. They are incapable of understanding consiquence or showing empathy to their victim. I had one, a temp employee boast "If someone leaves something lying about, it's mine, f*ck them, losers".

Sympathy to the OP, I can see that if my wallet was stolen it's not the cash that bothers me, it's the hassle of cancelling the cards and getting a new driving license that would bug me.

Stephenite

Membå
Which reminds me. I must transfer the photos from my phone. That would be the worst thing to lose for me. Though you wouldn't think so if you'd seen my photo challenge entries!

Reactions: TVC

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
If I may counter the unfortunate experience of the OP's wife with a positive story, I left my mobile phone on the bar in a Newcastle pub, and had drunk up and left the pub. Fearing the worst, I went back once I'd realised, and thankfully someone had given it to the barman, who hung onto it for me. Big up The Toon :smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It is worth remembering that there are honest folk out there. This summer I left my wallet containing several hundred dollars, my credit cards and my driving license on the counter of a convenience store in America. I didn't notice its absence until the following morning. My American host rang the store and yes, they had my wallet and it was awaiting my collection. All the contents were present and correct.

My wife had a similar experience in Ireland. She left her purse containing our holiday spending money (Irish punts) in a phone box in a village on the west coast. She remembered leaving it there an hour or so after returning to our holiday cottage. We returned to the phone box to find the purse had gone. We called into the pub opposite the phone box on the off chance that it had been handed it. It had. The finder was present but wouldn't accept a reward.

Maybe we were both lucky but I'd like to think that dishonest folk are greatly outnumbered by honerable folk.

EDIT - was typing this up as Fnaar was posting his good fortune tale.

Tin Pot

Guru
Which reminds me. I must transfer the photos from my phone. That would be the worst thing to lose for me. Though you wouldn't think so if you'd seen my photo challenge entries!
iPhone will do it automagically, or you can use Photobucket or Google's cantrememberthename. There's a whole bunch of apps will do it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A study was done into honesty a few years ago.

Researchers left envelopes containing £10 notes and one of two explanations.

One was from a pensioner as a present to his grandson.

Another was from a yacht club member paying for something to do with the club.

Many more of the pensioner envelopes were handed in.

So honesty for many people is a decision dependent on circumstance.

Tin Pot

Guru
A study was done into honesty a few years ago.

Researchers left envelopes containing £10 notes and one of two explanations.

One was from a pensioner as a present to his grandson.

Another was from a yacht club member paying for something to do with the club.

Many more of the pensioner envelopes were handed in.

So honesty for many people is a decision dependent on circumstance.

It's also been studied in a very similar way, that people's honesty is strongly affected by how likely they think they are to be caught.

Top Bottom