Low life scums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My wife was in the corner shop buying sweets for our grand child. She put her purse down on the counter and half a minute later, when she went to pick it up, it was gone!! Somebody has stolen it! She reported it to the police who advised her to look at the security camera. When she did so, the picture was black so no record of anything. So she lost her driving licence, bank card , credit card and £100 cash. Obviously, she told the bank and re ordered a new driving licence. How can somebody do that? Don't those people think that the money may be to feed kids, pay rent and so on? Luckily, we are in a better position but they don't know that. I despair in people sometimes. I was brought up to be honest and brought my own kids that way too. Stealing is not my way of life and never will be. There is no excuse for stealing somebody else's possessions.

Tin Pot

Guru
Totally agree. Once a thief always a thief.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My wife has a suspicion that the shop keeper did it which would explain why the cctv was black. This shop has a reputation for not being entirely honest, even the police said so when she reported it. I think they took the cash and probably burned the rest.I guess we will never know but we are still fuming about it.

Tin Pot

Guru
My wife has a suspicion that the shop keeper did it which would explain why the cctv was black. This shop has a reputation for not being entirely honest, even the police said so when she reported it. I think they took the cash and probably burned the rest.I guess we will never know but we are still fuming about it.
I thought the same, though to be fair shop cctv is well known for being poorly maintained.

Levo-Lon

Guru
.......ill only upset you..top tip DONT LEAVE VALUABLES UN ATTENDED..
old bill must get sick to death of saying this...live and learn.

this forum is full of bleading heart post about desperate people...they commit crime when they need a fix and are hungry..and some are just thieves

steve50

Disenchanted Member
.......ill only upset you..top tip DONT LEAVE VALUABLES UN ATTENDED..
old bill must get sick to death of saying this...live and learn.

this forum is full of bleading heart post about desperate people...they commit crime when they need a fix and are hungry..and some are just thieves

give the guy a break , he came onto the forum to let off a bit of steam, its not nice having your personal property stolen, sometimes it just helps to vent.

earlestownflya

point is...why put your purse down on the counter for 30 seconds?..if she didnt leave it unattended,why didnt she see them?...really odd

Stephenite

Membå
Horrible thing to happen. Commiserations. It can happen to anyone. It may be some consolation to know that thieves are generally unhappy individuals.

earlestownflya

Is the wrong answer.

Sympathy was being sought, not criticism.
it was'nt an answer..because i don't believe i was asked a question...yeah there's a lot of b@stards out there.if you make it so easy for them,sympathy from me is'nt so forthcoming.it's all about learning from it...i'm certain the lady will be a whole lot wiser for the experience

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
it was'nt an answer..because i don't believe i was asked a question...yeah there's a lot of b@stards out there.if you make it so easy for them,sympathy from me is'nt so forthcoming.it's all about learning from it...i'm certain the lady will be a whole lot wiser for the experience

If I were you, I'd quit while you're behind.

Empathy isn't one of your strengths is it?

Tin Pot

Guru
Changing topic, contactless payments can remove the need for a purse, or at least the need to get your purse out at all.

Thieves will always exist, so countermeasures are worth looking into.

Top Bottom