Low life scums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@gavroche - it's a horrible thing to happen but there's some awful people out there sadly.

Was there anyone else in the shop at the same time?

If not, then I know where suspicions would like and lie others I'd go with a GoPro/cam option.

Last edited:

Tin Pot

Guru
so you momentarily take your eye of your contacless card instead - what's the difference?

Less reason to carry a purse, less reason to be holding enough things to need to put it down in the first place, contactless cards reflect no loss at all. You just cancel it, and report the fraudulent transactions.

mustang1

Guru
My wife was in the corner shop buying sweets for our grand child. She put her purse down on the counter and half a minute later, when she went to pick it up, it was gone!! Somebody has stolen it! She reported it to the police who advised her to look at the security camera. When she did so, the picture was black so no record of anything. So she lost her driving licence, bank card , credit card and £100 cash. Obviously, she told the bank and re ordered a new driving licence. How can somebody do that? Don't those people think that the money may be to feed kids, pay rent and so on? Luckily, we are in a better position but they don't know that. I despair in people sometimes. I was brought up to be honest and brought my own kids that way too. Stealing is not my way of life and never will be. There is no excuse for stealing somebody else's possessions.
Sometimes?

howard2107

If I may counter the unfortunate experience of the OP's wife with a positive story, I left my mobile phone on the bar in a Newcastle pub, and had drunk up and left the pub. Fearing the worst, I went back once I'd realised, and thankfully someone had given it to the barman, who hung onto it for me. Big up The Toon :smile:
I did similar in Leeds recently. left coat on back of my chair, wallet, phone, house keys the lot in it. Only realised about 90 minutes later in another pub when i needed to buy my round, went back to Prezzo, and they had it in a cupboard completely intact.

TreeHuggery

really sorry to hear that happened - its not only the money, which is a biggie, but its the way it makes you feel too.... like most people have said, not everyone is like that...and I'd tend to agree its the shop keeper - if there was some other customer nearby I'd expect the shopkeeper to have seen it, and if no other customer was nearby...... .

Top Bottom