Lowering saddle on kalkhoff ladies frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clive McLaren

Have a kalkhoff coupe du mond ladies bike. How do I lower saddle spindle? Have loosened nut on the frame, but there is chrome ring that is stopping movement of the spindle.

Ajax Bay

Guru
:welcome:Give us a link to the Kalkhoff Coupé du Monde bike so we might help. Better still an image of what you call the saddle spindle (which doesn't spin?). Maybe @Moderators can enable the (new) OP to attach.
@biggs682 - you had one of these: maybe not 'Ladies'.

Have a kalkhoff coupe du mond ladies bike. How do I lower saddle spindle? Have loosened nut on the frame, but there is chrome ring that is stopping movement of the spindle.
I think it's just stuck. Try rotating the saddle or squirting some lubricant down the seatpost.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thanks @Ajax Bay

From memory these are a plain gauge frame so would expect a steel post in a steel frame so shouldn't stick.

I presume that it will have the old style saddle clamp that goes around the narrower top section of the seat post and perhaps it's that @Clive McLaren is talking about ?

OP
OP
Clive McLaren

Clive McLaren

Thanks @Ajax Bay

From memory these are a plain gauge frame so would expect a steel post in a steel frame so shouldn't stick.

I presume that it will have the old style saddle clamp that goes around the narrower top section of the seat post and perhaps it's that @Clive McLaren is talking about ?
Thanks for this. Managed to loosen it, I think perhaps the post had some rust inside, so a spray of WD40 and a bit of elbow grease sorted the problem.

Ajax Bay

Guru
@TheDoctor OP has not been back since 26 March: one and done - But I hope your beer was good. ^_^ They are not around to take umbrage.
^_^

Top Bottom