Luckiest cyclist ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Indeed very lucky.
Watching that this morning on liveleak, I held my breath.

Last edited:
New pants for that guy :eek:

110669-Jim-Carrey-The-Mask-eyes-pop-o-m1uO.gif

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How did they miss him?
He should be dead, but nothing he could do either way.
Strictly speaking, the van did hit him but didn't appear to do any serious damage.

Yes - very lucky!

I had a similarly lucky very near miss as a teenager when my brakes failed to work on my wet steel rims at traffic lights at the foot of a hill. I had been bombing down the hill, trying to get across on green but the lights changed just before I got to them, and the cross traffic started. I was frantically braking but was not slowing down. I somehow squeezed through a tiny effective gap between a car coming from my right and another coming from my left.

Crankarm

Guru
Cyclist was hit. However he wasn't wearing a helmet ……….. or hi-viz

Plus ee voz ri-ding onz zee rong zide of zee rode.

But aside from this he was a little bit lucky.

Retrospective karma: anyone that happens to has the right to sit sobbing and contemplating the mess you just made in your trousers. But he jumps up to lend assistance to the poor truck driver.

I've been thinking about Moscow. Moscow traffic is infinitely worse than London; the roads are also much worse and the drivers also much worse. I have no hesitation in riding on the roads in London (or Paris) but I would not do it in Moscow. I think any non-dead cyclist in Russia is very lucky.

Top Bottom