Luckiest cyclist ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Erudin

Veteran
Why no Give Way/Stop signs or markings? A Russian driving website shows they know of them.

http://www.gazu.ru/znaki/2/

russian signs.jpg

russian road markings.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru
Did the car driver survive?

Looks like the truck river was in error but the car came in pretty quick.

Were they both distracted by the cyclist using a pedestrian crossing?

GrasB

Veteran
I bet the cyclist takes in a few stiff vodkas aftar that

Anyone else noticed post collision the lorry driver becomes a passenger both metaphorically and physically speaking.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
How's the bike ?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I've been thinking about Moscow. Moscow traffic is infinitely worse than London; the roads are also much worse and the drivers also much worse. I have no hesitation in riding on the roads in London (or Paris) but I would not do it in Moscow. I think any non-dead cyclist in Russia is very lucky.
I have visited lots of different places, including Russia, most of Europe, middle East , Far East, Africa and America, and to be totally honest there are only a few countries in Europe where I consider the roads and drivers to be more cycle aware than the UK.
Dispite our constant complaining I would guess that the UK is in the top 10 cycle friendly countries in the world.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Really? I'm shocked, as I consider it to be well down the league in Europe.
The UK always come in the top ten for safety road stats, and whilst the provision for cyclist isnt as good as some other enlighted European counties, there arent many that are better globally.
But i have to admit that most of my riding is done in and around London, which is a pretty cycle savy place to be.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The UK always come in the top ten for safety road stats, and whilst the provision for cyclist isnt as good as some other enlighted European counties, there arent many that are better globally.
But i have to admit that most of my riding is done in and around London, which is a pretty cycle savy place to be.
That's only cos most 'accidents' in Britain never make it onto the statistics, why, no-one cares as "Its only a pushbike innit mate"

Top Bottom