Lumpy Uneven Tyre After Tube Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Have you removed the screw that goes around the valve and put it on the outside of the wheel? Made that mistake myself once, created a massive bump which i didnt notice until I began riding again :shy:

D

Deleted member 1258

I've had this with a Bontrager race Lite Hardcase, part of bead not properly sat on rim, half a bottle of washing up liquid and a lot of manipulation and it popped on.

I've Just found this thread and now hope that's its the tyre not seating as noticed a definite bump in the ride on my last 96 mile outing on the way back thought not much of it till coming to check over before a ride tomorrow , Or just reread the posting about the internal wall being split So Am investigating? Though the tyres (vittoria zaffro pro) have done over a 1,000 miles would this have any bearing on the problem

Here's at what could be the Problem see image Below. The Soapy water trick and bouncing didn't work so removed tyre and found that there were two really thin sections and I presume that this is the problem as this was where the tyre was lumped and twisting. So will get new tyre tomorrow

Attachments

• DSC00945.JPG
    DSC00945.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC00946.JPG
    DSC00946.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 151

Ajax Bay

Guru
Plus one for examining the inside of the tyre where the bump is. I found - happened sequentially (ie front then rear, 1000km apart) on two Giant PS2-L 28c tyres, unhappily one half way to JoG - that both had failed in the same way: the threads had split apart. Clear from the inside. External symptom was side bulge ie 5mm+ and thinning of the tread at that point, I surmise caused by squirming and therefore increased lateral friction, at every tyre revolution.

Thanks for that I thought well if I can't see anything outside best look inside Put another tyre on and its ok now!
On to the next problem : which I see there's already a posting About internal Gear cable replacement on my Planet RT58 Which The rear derailleur cable has become frayed Its A pain!

Top Bottom