Lupine Tesla vs Wilma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FOAD

I would rather this not become another "Why waste your money, I have a P7 blah blah blah for £50 from DX" thread, I respect the opinions of those who think cheap is the way forward, but I am going to buy a Lupine so there
icon_lol.gif

I commute 12.5 miles each way 4 times a week through country lanes and plan to do so whatever the winter throws at me, so a bright robust light is a must.

Anyway, I am enjoying a damn good relationship with my LBS right now, and have had their demo Wilma 6CL (with a 6.8 battery and the PCS stork) which puts out 830 lumens, on test for about 3 weeks.

The light is absolutely superb.

The LBS have the Tesla 4 in and are offering me a good price on it which is at the top end of my budget. Comparing images on a number of websites, the Tesla at 700 lumens is putting out a beam that one could argue is actually better than the Wilma at 830, I am guessing due to the reflector. Of course they are just pictures and reality may look a tad different as my eyes don't work on 6 second static exposures!

So I was about to pull the trigger on getting a Tesla when the LBS offer me the Wilma I am using (worth £500+) for the same price as the Tesla as they want to run a Tesla as their demo as they are likely to sell more of them than the Wilma. The warranty will also run for the full two years on the demo from time of purchase, so my only concern would be the battery and how good/bad it has been treated.

The bottom line is I love the Tesla because it is very simple, but the Wilma is a bargain and totally programmable plus comes with a DC charger and helmet mount etc (I have no current need for either).

The bottom line is, is the beam of the Tesla as good as the Wilma, and is the mid setting on the Tesla (unchangeable at 35% so 245 lumens) good enough for road use in complete darkness when I need to save power (I have the Wilma set at 60% right now and it's almost indistinguishable for road use from the 100%)?

Hopefully someone on here will have experience of both and can help me out.

Noodley

FOAD said:
....is the mid setting on the Tesla (unchangeable at 35% so 245 lumens) good enough for road use in complete darkness when I need to save power?

I can only answer this part of your question: Yes.

<It's even sufficient at low setting if angled correctly.>

Top Bottom