Lycra shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I've recently started wearing lycra shorts and I have to say that although it looks awful showing off ones junk, it really works well and is very comfortable!

However, how long are lycra shorts expected to last. I've noticed that the lycra is already wearing thin in some places after about 200 miles of riding.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've recently started wearing lycra shorts and I have to say that although it looks awful showing off ones junk, it really works well and is very comfortable!

However, how long are lycra shorts expected to last. I've noticed that the lycra is already wearing thin in some places after about 200 miles of riding.

Really? Blimey.
I have a couple of pairs, Lusso & Altura, that have done 1000's of miles in all weathers with no noticeable wear.

the snail

Guru
Had no problems with mine, I've read that washing them can cause lycra to deteriorate over time. I use non-bio powder on the delicates setting, and the instructions say not to use fabric conditioner. I've noticed other peoples' shorts have become a bit, er transparent :ohmy:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I've got some that are over 12 years old :ohmy: not the best for long rides as the padding has gone a bit flat but OK for shorts rides.
It all depends how many pairs of shorts you have, one pair and they don't last so long

Top Bottom