Lycra......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
thomas said:
I think your kit is probably makes you look a bit more into cycling than me...my cycling gear is the same no matter what I'm doing and I guess doesn't stand out amazingly.

Yeh..I've been sectioned........:sad:;)

I had a real BIG thing with my wife two years ago...... "I'm now back commuting by bike, getting lot's fitter, do you realise I'll get knocked off again at some point".............:blush:....that's more of a worry than the kit you wear..........

Mine was..... I'd come home, washed, dressed, put bike away..... Wife and kids come in..."Erm.......I've been knocked off................BUT I AM OK......." it's not a good place to be........:sad:..............

thomas

the tank engine
fossyant said:
Yeh..I've been sectioned........:biggrin:;)

I had a real BIG thing with my wife two years ago...... "I'm now back commuting by bike, getting lot's fitter, do you realise I'll get knocked off again at some point".............:sad:....that's more of a worry than the kit you wear..........

Mine was..... I'd come home, washed, dressed, put bike away..... Wife and kids come in..."Erm.......I've been knocked off................BUT I AM OK......." it's not a good place to be........:biggrin:..............

I'm just not fit enough for anything too pro looking :blush:. When I can average a billion miles an hour everywhere maybe I'll invest in some carbon Lycra shorts :sad:

Radius

SHREDDER
i'm toying with it, not too worried (if anyone's seen my rolled up trackies look), but as it stands I've only got black lycra longjohns, which could pass for proper shorts, but I think I'll get some baggies to wear over the top...that would work. Less embarrassing that way.

Wolf04

52 years old, beer belly (though less than it used to be) and I have to walk through a large medical school before I can get changed. I wear lycra because it's the best most functional clothing for cycling. Don't give a stuff what people think and I just ignore the wolf whistles and swooning women. Though I do follow Hackers advice and keep a banana about my person :-) just for the simple carbohydrate boost of course.

There is a reason why cyclists like lycra, because it is marvelous stuff for cycling in, the benefits soon outweigh the self image issues and the more you cycle in it, the better you think you look.

Don't have a problem with lycra just find my shorts lighter,cheaper and easier to clean.Used to have lycra once but wore them out.oooer.

purplepolly said:
You're a cyclist dear, on the road most people will regard with varying degrees of contempt/hatred/annoyance and your colleagues probably think you're a suicidal eccentric. And you're bothered about what you look like? :laugh:

Its worse when you wear a white coat!

All you see is naked legs........... Flashers unite?

Wolf04

Cunobelin said:
Its worse when you wear a white coat!

All you see is naked legs........... Flashers unite?

You cycle in a white coat!!!

Hope it's an Altura night vision white coat!

More seriously come summer if we get one the ridicule I get for wearing shorts (none lycra) under my labcoat almost stops me.

aqaleigh

i wear mine through an office full of men and women got comments for about a day and now its just usual for them to see me arrive like it - only comments now are positive ones

go for it

wafflycat

purplepolly said:
You're a cyclist dear, on the road most people will regard with varying degrees of contempt/hatred/annoyance and your colleagues probably think you're a suicidal eccentric. And you're bothered about what you look like? :laugh:

Very true!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
You do get over the initial embarrassment; I'm almost 16st and have to wander through large open-plan areas of the building to get to / from the main door. At first I felt very self-conscious, but now I forget I'm wearing the kit and no-one bats an eyelid.

Top Bottom