Lycra......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

J4CKO

My wife couldnt beleive I had been to the dentists in it, saying it was a bit revealing, cant have the dentist knowing I have genitalia now can we, she was rather distracted by my teeth at the time.

neslon

Last year I cycled out in my lunch break to see the tour of Britaingo past ( about 8 miles away from work). Needless to say, they were late, so as soon as they passed,I had to pedal like a nutter to get back on time. I got back just as the bell was going - yep, I teach in a secondary school, so my y11 class were treated to me letting them in with a Tricross over one shoulder & me in full lycra gear (very lurid Marbella MTB kit). None of them batted an eyelid, & the only comments were to ask how long it took to get back, & whether I had seen their Dad!

neslon said:
Last year I cycled out in my lunch break to see the tour of Britaingo past ( about 8 miles away from work). Needless to say, they were late, so as soon as they passed,I had to pedal like a nutter to get back on time. I got back just as the bell was going - yep, I teach in a secondary school, so my y11 class were treated to me letting them in with a Tricross over one shoulder & me in full lycra gear (very lurid Marbella MTB kit). None of them batted an eyelid, & the only comments were to ask how long it took to get back, & whether I had seen their Dad!

That was brave!

I forgot a change of clothes once when helping to lead a youth group. I was told afterwards how inappropriate my attire was.

I think people come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. It shouldn't matter what you wear.

OP
OP
J

J4CKO

ed_o_brain said:
I think people come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. It shouldn't matter what you wear.

I think the assumption is that cyclist will be toned and skinny if wearing Lycra, if you are not then there is nowhere to hide, I must say I am less bothered now, like has been said, wear it with Aplomb, be unapologetic, stand tall and confident, usually comments are peoples own insecurities.

OP
OP
J

J4CKO

User1314 said:
I get changed in the shower room at work which has a full length mirror. Stuck on my lycra shorts and tucked a wicking vest into them. Then narcisstically stared at my ever muscling thighs, almost flat stomach and a more defined upper body. Not bad I thought.

Then came home. "Fish and Chips darling?" She asked.

So have just had one large cod, chips, one saveloy, two small apple pies and three bags of crisps.

Still got the nibbles.

That'll put the pounds back on!!!!! Esp as I'm not cycling tomorrow.

Yep, I am much fitter, but not any lighter, trying to moderate the input a bit now I have lycra !

BSA

Heres a genuine dumb question regarding Lycra shorts.

Are you supposed to wear anything underneath them?

I am not a pervert before you ask, I bought some shorts and tried them on with Boxers underneath and they just wouldnt sit right.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
User1314 said:
GO COMMANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried 'Free Balling' it with my new bib shorts but they have a large bit of padding (my wife says it looks like a Piles pouch! - its err not) and the stitching is uncomfy on my corn hole on long ride so i have bought some nice white briefs for the first time since I was about 10!

redjedi

Über Member
Wigsie said:
I tried 'Free Balling' it with my new bib shorts but they have a large bit of padding (my wife says it looks like a Piles pouch! - its err not) and the stitching is uncomfy on my corn hole on long ride so i have bought some nice white briefs for the first time since I was about 10!

You are wearing them the right way round aren't you? :biggrin:
The wide bit of padding goes at the back.

I'm no expert on short padding, but I'm not sure how there can be stitching anywhere near your "corn hole".

Wigsie

Nincompoop
redjedi said:
I'm no expert on short padding, but I'm not sure how there can be stitching anywhere near your "corn hole".

I am sure its not the 'actual' stitching but the material of the inside of the shorts that surrounds the padded bit is not exactly smooth, its basically more comfortable with a layer of cotton in between, some people may have a harder more rugged 'a hole' (so to speak)... I am pretty sure my clothes are the right way round too ;).

redjedi

Über Member
;)

I was beginning to think you were one of these two

krisskros_431.jpg

I do hope they've learn't to dress themselves properly now

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Amazing, they are probably in their 30's by now, so I would hope they have learned!

I watched enough Big Daddy wrestling as a kid to know which way lycra bib shorts go. ;)

buggi

Bird Saviour
if anyone says anything, just quip back "i've got to have somewhere to keep my pump" :evil:

my bro has the same problem, he has to walk through a hospital full of nurses. he was well embarrassed the first time

Top Bottom