Lycra......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I usually wear some shorts and a T shirt over the top of my bib shorts, but still got ribbed... then last week I went into the loo's got changed and came back into the office in just the bib shorts and my office slippers... lots of laughing etc then someone took a photo... so I made it my profile picture on Facebook, msn and various other sites, it was one way of getting all the jokes out in the open fast, now its over with they just mock me for the amount of time I spend cleaning my bike and checking the tyre pressure!

Embrace it, dont fight it....:biggrin:

OP
OP
J

J4CKO

goo_mason said:
You do get over the initial embarrassment; I'm almost 16st and have to wander through large open-plan areas of the building to get to / from the main door. At first I felt very self-conscious, but now I forget I'm wearing the kit and no-one bats an eyelid.

Maybe they just dont look in case they see :biggrin:

I am a similar weight, apparently I dont look that bad but it is motivating me to think about what I eat more, I have lost a bit but cycling makes you hungry, you enjoy your food more, I seem to digest it better but I do eat more !

I must be difficult for ladies as they will ineviatably have a crafty butchers, just for reference purposes, and even innocently if they look in that direction they will get all embarassed as it may look like that even if it isnt !

Freewheeler

Not had any comments in work, but there are a few other cyclists there, plus some people go running at lunchtime, play badminton etc. so sports gear is nothing unusual.

I was getting changed at home though and my wife saw me in just the bib tights. She said I looked like Borat :biggrin:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Freewheeler said:
I was getting changed at home though and my wife saw me in just the bib tights. She said I looked like Borat :biggrin:

Borat? lucky bugger! I have been compared to Big Daddy when stroilling round in my Bib Shorts! Which is unfair as I have a full head of hair! well at least its not Giant Haystacks....

OP
OP
J

J4CKO

Well first day out of the way and they are great, comfy, they dont pull down at the back causing much rummaging and adjustment so in turn, safer as less distracting.

Scuttle out of the office at speed and nobody noticed :biggrin:

Went to the dentists, sure she was thrilled and the Barber didnt bat an eyelid.

Have eaten less today, in a bid to lose some weight so I can wear them more, and psychologically when wearing them, daft clippy shoes etc you feel more like a "Proper cyclist" so have to work harder, to go faster to justify the status....

Speicher

Vice Admiral
If you wear them with a plomb, I think it looks much better!

gavintc

Guru
Wigsie said:
Borat? lucky bugger! I have been compared to Big Daddy when stroilling round in my Bib Shorts! Which is unfair as I have a full head of hair! well at least its not Giant Haystacks....

My wife has a laughing fit when I put on my leg warmers before I put on the bibs. She finds the look of me naked except for leg warmers a little bit strange.

As for lycra at work. I have worn the lycra for a couple of years and was teased for the first couple of weeks. It is just normal now and I get ignored.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
My wife hides under the stairs and maks me check outside to make sure no-one sees me leave, when I don the old lycra. She would prefer it if I didn't come back 'till after dark too.
It's Lycra...where it proud and wear it LOUD!

iwf

I regularly wear my lycra during choir rehearsals ( I sing with a big London choir).

A first I wore a pair of baggie shorts over the top, but people have got used to me now and since I lost a few pounds I don't look so silly.

I do remember one rehearsal though when I was climbing onto a stage two of the young sopranos couldn't help but look down to my padded area. Now that was embarrassing!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
iwf said:
I regularly wear my lycra during choir rehearsals ( I sing with a big London choir).

A first I wore a pair of baggie shorts over the top, but people have got used to me now and since I lost a few pounds I don't look so silly.

I do remember one rehearsal though when I was climbing onto a stage two of the young sopranos couldn't help but look down to my padded area. Now that was embarrassing!
Maybe they thought you were a countertenor and wanted to check you were all there.

Top Bottom