M.O.T. lottery

How much will it cost?

• Nothing - it's only done 1800 miles since the last one and it'll fly through.

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Up to £100. A narrow squeak, could have been worse.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • £101 - £200. OK, not too bad for a years motoring.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • £201 - £300. That smarts a bit, but just about bearable.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • £301 - £400. OK, this isn't funny now.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £401 - £500. Eyes starting to water.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • £501+. Drive it straight to the scrap pie.

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Well that was rubbish. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Cleaner than a nuns dreams.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Try as I might I was fretting a bit! I maintain my vehicles fastidiously so I knew that if it were to fail it wouldn't be on anything seriou. Nevertheless, it's the strife and ballache that comes along with it more than the cash.

D

Deleted member 26715

Cleaner than a nuns dreams.
There are no emission numbers on there

D

Deleted member 26715

They're on sheet 2. Lamda is smack in the middle to within a tenth of a percent, HC and CO2 barely detectable.
When we had the V6 SLK the emissions were 0.00 the tester brought another car in to check the unit was working right

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
My olde 406HDi was so clean way back when then one MOT it kept failing the smoke opacity test of the time because the machine couldn't detect it and wouldn't start the test cycle. In the end they shoved the probe the arris of another car they had in the workshop just to get a reading. Fortunately it was not a VW :laugh:

MarkF

Guru
Last year the Van Van needed front wheel bearings, or so the mechanic said, l hadn't noticed any play & it only had 6k miles on it.

Last week, same garage, same mechanic & he said l needed new front wheel bearings! Yeah, right, it'd had been off the road due to me collecting parts after it's theft last December and had done 300 miles since!

johnnyb47

Guru
I always use Forte diesel injector cleaner in my old oil burner just before the mot. Over the years of using it ive always seen a reduction in emissions.
A few years back one of the injectors was getting severely gummed up and was virtually impossible to remove. With a new fuel filter filted, i filled the filter with neat Forte injector cleaner and turned the engine over for a few seconds, just to get enough of the neat injector cleaner into the injectors, and then left it for the weekend sitting there.. After starting the engine again on Monday it run rough for a minute but once the fresh fuel diluted the neat injector cleaner, it started to settle down, Its never gave me any problems since.
Granted this is not the right way to of gone about it, but my car is not the most of refined things on the road 😁

Top Bottom