Mad Sunday in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MessenJah

Rider
Do you have a 'hyperlink' to a 'website' on which I can 'discover' what you're 'talking' about. I am too lazy to google.

Flyingfox

MessenJah said:
Do you have a 'hyperlink' to a 'website' on which I can 'discover' what you're 'talking' about. I am too lazy to google.
www.londonfreewheel.com

Personally I won't be going, can't think of anything worse that having to negotiate a 3 mile course with 38,000 cyclists, many of whom will be in family groups, and not having any road sense. Would rather be out in the countryside on the open road.

dodgy

Ah I see, another event that reinforces that cycling is inherently dangerous by touting the benefits of riding on traffic free roads.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I went last year... not that busy, couple of grannies on sit up and begs, a roadie and a strange fella on rollerblades with a video camera

MessenJah

Rider
dodgy said:
Ah I see, another event that reinforces that cycling is inherently dangerous by touting the benefits of riding on traffic free roads.
How does it do that?

Surely it reinforces the fact that motorised traffic is dangerous.

dodgy

MessenJah said:
How does it do that?

Surely it reinforces the fact that motorised traffic is dangerous.

Motorised traffic isn't dangerous, it's dangerous drivers that are dangerous.

ChrisKH

Guru
dodgy said:
Motorised traffic isn't dangerous, it's dangerous drivers that are dangerous.

Indeed, but this is an opportunity for people who don't get to London much or don't even get to cycle much to get out on their bikes, see the sights and enjoy themselves. I'll be going with junior KH who has been looking forward to this all year. It's fun, not a race, a chance to meet up with friends, etc. An enjoyable day out. It's not about saying traffic is dangerous, it's about saying bikes are fun.

Top Bottom