magnatom.... where you go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
[QUOTE 2003390, member: 9609"]I think he disappeared up his own....

Actually that's very unfair, his hearts in the right place and he will have done, and probably is still doing more towards the safety of cyclists than most people. I for one thank him.[/quote]

Definitely.

dawesome

He had the guts to actually do something, which is more than his detractors can say.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
No need to be nasty about him. To be fair, I don't blame him for leaving, and the blame for that must partly be laid at the feet of the moderation team. They have allowed some shockingly unkind behaviour on here, particularly when it aligns with their own world views.

to be fair to the mods... we're all grown up enough to take criticism... stick and stones, water off a ducks back and all that.

Personally i don't want to be part of a forum where the mods steam in every time a thread gets a bit heated, personal or plain bitchy. Should I feel a poster is being a bit too bitchy or unfair towards another poster, i'll tell them myself.

People need to grow a pair of balls otherwise forum posts are going to feel the heavy hand of the law that Tweets are currently facing.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
You let it get that robust, and then you get more and more people leaving here because the place is not actually very pleasant. It's a bit of a shark's pit, to be honest, and I'm not proud to be a part of it. It's the main reason I'm spending more and more time away from here.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Well im trying to be careful about what I post now.I remember last time.

I now know I was wrong also.Something similar happened to me,can't remember the incident but I think the motorist was quite reckless.

400bhp

Guru
You let it get that robust, and then you get more and more people leaving here because the place is not actually very pleasant. It's a bit of a shark's pit, to be honest, and I'm not proud to be a part of it. It's the main reason I'm spending more and more time away from here.

A sharks pit. It's a web forum FFS.

AndyRM

XOXO
The Internet is clearly a serious business...

As a newer member, I have found this place nothing but enjoyable and useful. If he couldn't take some criticism of his videos, he is better off not posting them.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
"I've been meaning to post something for a while but keep getting distracted, only I've had yet another generous offer of a donation this evening and, well, it has prompted me to pass on the good news that CC is now generating enough advertising revenue to cover costs." Posted by Shaun in Site news and updates.
It would appear the site is doing ok despite being "not actually very pleasant". I'm sure I read recently that more and more people are joining :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
"I've been meaning to post something for a while but keep getting distracted, only I've had yet another generous offer of a donation this evening and, well, it has prompted me to pass on the good news that CC is now generating enough advertising revenue to cover costs." Posted by Shaun in Site news and updates.
It would appear the site is doing ok despite being "not actually very pleasant". I'm sure I read recently that more and more people are joining :smile:

It's never been busier..

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
The Internet is clearly a serious business...

As a newer member, I have found this place nothing but enjoyable and useful. If he couldn't take some criticism of his videos, he is better off not posting them.

I don't think it was this and although I fell out with him I think he does more good than evil.

I have a lot of respect for him,he does a lot of good for cycling.IMHO.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Knowing the guy quite well, I think he felt that he was expending too much effort on here trying to discuss his videos when he had other cycle-campaigning irons in the fire outside of CC which he wanted to concentrate on. Magnatom, former member HJ and a number of others have been the driving force behind a huge campaign for safer cycling in Scotland which is still pressuring the Scottish government as I write. Hats off to them all for having the courage to do what I and most others wouldn't have the guts, determination or stamina to do.

As others have said, if you're missing him then there is his own blog, the Pedal On Parliament campaign site and his Twitter presence.

Crosstrailer

I have watched many of his vids and no doubt his heart is in the right place, however I think sometimes at best his road positioning and actions leave more than a little to be desired......

Top Bottom