Magnetic copper bracelets - I'm a sceptic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
I've been given one of these for Christmas.

Now I'm a sceptic with this type of thing. Scientific studies state they don't work, yet many people say they do.

Are the scientific bods just protecting their own interests and those who use them are they experiencing the placebo effect.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite

Now I'm a sceptic with this type of thing. Scientific studies state they don't work, yet many people say they do.

Are the scientific bods just protecting their own interests and those who use them are they experiencing the placebo effect.

There's your answer.

vickster

Legendary Member

The placebo effect is real. Try it and see if it helps :okay: (assuming you’re not allergic to copper)

what condition(s) are you seeking to relieve?

D

Deleted member 26715

Science is open to everyone. If the quacks want to try and prove they work, nobody is stopping them.
My mum always wore one when she was flying on holiday, it helped her keep calm, so it does work, science needs to prove it doesn't work for people who believes it does

winjim

Smash the cistern
My mum always wore one when she was flying on holiday, it helped her keep calm, so it does work, science needs to prove it doesn't work for people who believes it does
Do you mean 'work'? Or 'work better than placebo'?

Milzy

Guru
Won’t work but you’ll look like an old school factory worker like a welder or machinist.

D

Deleted member 26715

Do you mean 'work'? Or 'work better than placebo'?
I have no idea, as far as I know she never took a placebo' is that any different to a normal placebo or some Spanish or German version?

winjim

Smash the cistern
I have no idea, as far as I know she never took a placebo' is that any different to a normal placebo or some Spanish or German version?
I'm trying to establish your criteria for 'work'. You say it kept her calm, but do you think it kept her calmer than, say, a lucky rabbit's foot would, or do you believe it was some property specific to the bracelet? Because that should be fairly simple to test.

You know what a placebo is, right?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
If you like it.... wear it..... if you don't like it.... don't wear it.

It may or may not have a beneficial effect on any symptoms (real or imagined) you may/may not have. ;)

winjim

Smash the cistern
What are you expecting it to do? The op mentions no specific claims. I thought they were for arthritis, but @Phaeton mentions keeping calm when flying which is a different thing altogether. Unless the airline's seats give you gyp I guess.

Top Bottom