Magnetic copper bracelets - I'm a sceptic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seevio

Guru
How does one magnetise copper?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I wondered about that, but discovered just 3 minutes ago, thanks to the wonders of the internet, the magnetism comes from small magnets inlaid into the inner surface of the wristband.
That makes them "copper bracelets with magnets", not "magnetic copper bracelets", doesn't it?

I expect that a more efficient use of them would be to stick them in a furnace and then forge them into a more useful shape.
Like a fork to jab quacks in the eye with.

Also isn't it odd how EM hypersensitivity syndrome vanished as soon as mobile phones stopped using the 2G frequencies that audibly interfere with audio equipment? Magic, innit?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I remember my significant other coming back from town with one... she explained about the body's natural magnetic field and how the technology we're surrounded by in the modern world interferes with said magnetic field and the magnetic bracelet puts everything back in balance. I feigned interest but inside i was thinking codswallop!

I remember my significant other coming back from town with one... she explained about the body's natural magnetic field and how the technology we're surrounded by in the modern world interferes with said magnetic field and the magnetic bracelet puts everything back in balance. I feigned interest but inside i was thinking codswallop!
The technology around us interferes with the body's natural magnetic field? What about the much much larger much much more powerful magnet we're sitting on top of? :whistle:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I've been given one of these for Christmas.

Now I'm a sceptic with this type of thing. Scientific studies state they don't work, yet many people say they do.

Are the scientific bods just protecting their own interests and those who use them are they experiencing the placebo effect.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I know perfectly well however the more I read the less I'm certain you do?
Sorry, I honestly thought you wanted to have a conversation about science and whether these bracelets 'work' or not. You clearly don't, which leaves me unsure as to why you quoted me in the first place. Possibly some type of humour that I don't understand. I'm sometimes not terribly good at it.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Probably a very wise choice ;)

Top Bottom