Magnetic copper bracelets - I'm a sceptic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
And because nobody, especially on this thread, has defined 'work'. There's no claim to test.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I'm with @winjim here. You cannot say if something works until you how "work" is defined. Anecdotal evidence about a single person is not relevant at this point.

Last edited:

Rocky

Hello decadence
And because nobody, especially on this thread, has defined 'work'. There's no claim to test.
This is what Karl Popper would have called pseudo science ..... statements, beliefs, or practices that are claimed to be both scientific and factual but are incompatible with the scientific method. So it seems a bit unfair for some here to condemn scientific method.

BTW - I’m impressed with your attempts to try and get people to frame an actual scientific question. I fear you are doomed to failure.

Stompier

That covers just about every medication on the market today. With many taken long term in the belief that they do help the condition they're being taken for.
But in order for a medicine to be approved it must have gone through a clinical trial process, so I’m not sure what you mean.

winjim

Smash the cistern
This is what Karl Popper would have called pseudo science ..... statements, beliefs, or practices that are claimed to be both scientific and factual but are incompatible with the scientific method. So it seems a bit unfair for some here to condemn scientific method.

BTW - I’m impressed with your attempts to try and get people to frame an actual scientific question. I fear you are doomed to failure.
It's a bit frustrating, because somebody quoted me, saying that science needed to do this, that or the other, but then declined to provide any further information that would enable us to discuss whether the investigation of this, that or the other was possible, desirable or had already been carried out.

TBH, at this point even just the vaguest definition of this, that or the other would be something. Throw me a bone, guys.

winjim

Smash the cistern
If it's magic and it works - who cares ?
If it's science and it works - who cares ?
If it's a placebo and it works - who cares ?
If it's magic, it turns our entire understanding of the universe, matter and energy completely on its head and would be utterly revolutionary.

If it's science, it provides us with a basis to improve and refine it, to use it for therapeutic purposes for the benefit of many.

If it's placebo, then besides the definition of 'work' being debatable, there are potentially people making money from dishonest marketing and exploiting the vulnerable.

But we don't yet know what 'work' means.

Rocky

Hello decadence
If it's magic, it turns our entire understanding of the universe, matter and energy completely on its head and would be utterly revolutionary.

If it's science, it provides us with a basis to improve and refine it, to use it for therapeutic purposes for the benefit of many.

If it's placebo, then besides the definition of 'work' being debatable, there are potentially people making money from dishonest marketing and exploiting the vulnerable.

And actually I’m still not clear what ‘it’ is.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully

I don't think my Mam cares about the mysteries of the universe, science, or debating the meaning of words

However, if you want take a look at people making money from dishonest marketing, you may want to start with cough medicine, cold and flu cures, etc

D

Deleted member 26715

It's nothing new we've had religion for thousands if not millions of years

Top Bottom