Magnetic copper bracelets - I'm a sceptic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
or so they would have you believe :whistle:
No there will always be gullable people.😂

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's nothing new we've had religion for thousands if not millions of years
Yes, and if somebody could demonstrate that any of those religions were true, it would be of such mind blowing significance that it would fundamentally change my attitude towards the whole of life, death, the planet, the universe, time matter and energy. That's my point.

Any answers to my points upthread yet, btw? What do these bracelet things do exactly?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
People who invest money and, more importantly, their credibility in a thing are less likely to admit that it doesn't work. No-one likes to admit they've been conned. Add this factor to poorly-understood but known placebo effects and you can have quite a potent predisposition to 'believe'.

I thought it was gravity that was holding me down, now you're telling me it's magnetism?

^_^
I know you're being facetious, but have you ever had one of those moments of perspective where you can sense the entire world under you?

That's not to say that the earth's magnetic field isn't pretty potent - it's what stops the atmosphere and hydrosphere from being stripped by charged particles emanating from the sun, which is nice.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
have you ever had one of those moments of perspective where you can sense the entire world under you?
On top, sometimes.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
People who invest money and, more importantly, their credibility in a thing are less likely to admit that it doesn't work. No-one likes to admit they've been conned. Add this factor to poorly-understood but known placebo effects and you can have quite a potent predisposition to 'believe'.

All of the above, plus, how does anyone know that a given person actually "has" the ailment claimed?

I have yet to meet anyone who has left a Doctors Surgery after being told "there is absolutely nothing wrong with you".

winjim

Smash the cistern
They make some people believe that they can reduce pain and stiffness and for improve physical function if they have osteoarthritis.
That's not what was mentioned upthread. The claim, such as it was, related to air travel.

winjim

Smash the cistern
All of the above, plus, how does anyone know that a given person actually "has" the ailment claimed?

I have yet to meet anyone who has left a Doctors Surgery after being told "there is absolutely nothing wrong with you".
What's the definition of a healthy person?

Someone who hasn't had enough biochemical tests.

Top Bottom