Make way for the stupid questions...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Co2 inflator for trips out.
Rely on Co2 at your peril.

They're quick, but eventually the seal on the pump will fail due to the chilled gas causing it to crack. You can slow the process down by smearing silicone grease round the lip of the cartridge or buy pre-treated cartridges (Crossman) but sooner or later it'll happen.

I would never go out without a hand pump for back up.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Also remember to unscrew and push in the top of the valve before attaching the pump.
Indeed, but not all the way or you end up with snapped bits.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
I have two track pumps but there was no mention of these in the original post and of course people are more likely to get a puncture when out on the road I think. So carry a pump and a spare tube with you when on the road. Or a mobile phone and hopefully you will have a helpful mother who might come and get you.
I have a track pump. I carry a mini pump and tubes (was looking to get the correct size) but would be useless if I actually had to fix a puncture! It's on my list of things to master.
I'm a bit old to call on my mummy :biggrin: and she is no longer with us so it may take a while...:laugh: (sorry!)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@ScotiaLass don't listen to the macho talk, we know our strength :thumbsup:
For when you're out riding alone I recommend this pump, but you need to change the inner fitting (instructions are included) according to the valve. This is easily done in a couple of minutes.
It's quite light, very effective.
When I'm out leading a Belles ride I carry this pump: it is heavier but saves the fuss of changing fittings. When you do your pre-ride checks most bikes will need air :rolleyes: this pump has a dual head.
Btw, I only paid a tenner postage included for the latter pump on Amazon last year. So, if you want to get it shop around.
Both pumps have a folding out bit that allows you to place a foot on it to keep the pump steady while you inflate pushing with both hands:hello:

Top Bottom