Male Cyclists aged 40-60

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
Hi, I am a 3rd year student researching male cyclists, between the ages of 40-60. If anyone could reply to a few questions i have i would be very very grateful.

1. Do you cycle to work?

2. Do you cycle for leisure?

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling?

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling?

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range?

Thanks again :smile:

1.Yes

2.Yes

3.Work: Ordinary clothes (Only 3 miles) Spare set at work if needed, but cycling specific shoes (MTB spd type), gloves, helmet and jackets and base layers, although they've become part of my everyday wardrobe too.
Leisure: Cycling specific kit, mostly 'souvenir' jerseys.

4.Play guitar, walking dog on moors, TV, reading, listening to radio 4.

5.Nope.

Norm

1. Do you cycle to work? Yes... well, I did but I haven't for a few months.

2. Do you cycle for leisure? Yes.

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? Mostly walking gear, although I've got some of the Tenn Outdoor recycled coffee shirts, which I now wear all the time. Oh, and a Buff, I always wear one of those. Otherwise, it can be anything from jeans to lycra, depending on the destination.

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? If you mean Pastimes, I'm a parent, also do photography, drink coffee, motorbikes, play with computers and computer games, drink coffee, eat too much and... oh, yeah, and drink coffee.

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? Yes.

Thanks again Don't mention it. :thumbsup:

coco279

Über Member
1. Do you cycle to work? yes

2. Do you cycle for leisure? yes

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? shorts and t shirt if warm or tracky bottoms and light jacket if cold.

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? I follow stock car racing.

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? yes.

1. Do you cycle to work? YES

2. Do you cycle for leisure? NO unless you mean do I cycle to leisure activities, then YES

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? Mix of general sports clothes and cycling specific

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? Drinking, eating, golfing (occasionally)

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? The holy grail!? Are you kidding?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
1: Yes

2: Yes

3: Non-cycling specific on the commute. Lycra only on the darkest of nights.

4: Beer, bullshit, bad science and boats.

5: "Smart" isn't a big draw for me.

Good luck.

1. Do you cycle to work? If possible

2. Do you cycle for leisure? Yes

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? Cycling specific garments

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? Gym, time with kids

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? If the price is right

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
1. Do you cycle to work? - yes

2. Do you cycle for leisure? - yes

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? - lycra for longer rides and whatever I'm in for the rest

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? - internet pest and bike kit whore

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? - yes

spiro

1. Do you cycle to work? - No, my journey to work is 50 miles each way.

2. Do you cycle for leisure? - Occansionally

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? - Normal (not cycling specific) clothing

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? - Walking, drinking, listening to music

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? - Would depend on design & price.

nmcgann

Veteran
1. Do you cycle to work? No. (dangerous route, no showers)

2. Do you cycle for leisure? Yes.

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? Lycra

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? Reading/Surf the net/Walking/Fiddle with computers/Music

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? No

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
1. yes

2. yes

3. Cycling specific clothing

4. Football, beer and loose women

5. maybe

jugglingphil

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Cycle clothing or normal clothing (always something)
4. Kids to football/basketball/etc, collecting & chopping wood, gardening, usual stuff.....
5. Maybe

ACS

Legendary Member
1. Do you cycle to work? - Yes

2. Do you cycle for leisure? - Yes

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? - low cost cycling gear for commuting, posh stuff on Sundays

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? - mostly sleep

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? no not really but I would be interested in higher quality gear at a low cost!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
1. Do you cycle to work? Work! What do you take me for? The answer is that I do commute sometimes.

2. Do you cycle for leisure? Yes

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? Snazzy lycra stuff on the road bike, jeans, t-shirt, jacket or occasionally suit on the Brompton

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? Drinking and womanising (but with just the one woman)

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? No, but if somebody came up with a pair of trousers that looked like trousers rather than workwear, that looked good with Converse shoes, and a jacket, then I'd be interested

Top Bottom