Male Cyclists aged 40-60

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
1. Do you cycle to work? Yes

2. Do you cycle for leisure? Yes

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? Bib shorts, long & short sleeved tops, gillet, windproof, waterproof.

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? Drinking beer with something pretty to look at.

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? If you mean something I could wear to the pub or the shops without looking like I cycled there, yes. If you mean suitable for work, no (I'm a builder's labourer).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

2. Do you cycle for leisure?Yes

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling?Lycra

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? other spare time. does not exist with a family

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range?No , most of my stuff comes from ebay or aldi as for some reason the family want a roof over their heads :smile:

gavintc

Guru
1. Do you cycle to work? Yes - 2-3 times a week

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? cycling kit - lycra

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? - sailing, hill walking, running

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? No -

PeteT

1. Do you cycle to work? No

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? Standard cycling jersey with 3 pockets/BIB shorts/base layer/ shorts or training tights/Spesh BG road shoes. Add overshoes/warm gloves/ waterproof/more layers etc for winter & bad weather.

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? Looking after grandaughter, model railway building, preserved steam railways (South Devon Railway - visit us soon!).

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? Depends on what you mean by more smart' - more smart than what? (Le Col stuff is very good by the way).

Cycletrax

1. yes

2. yes

3. T-shirt and shorts in summer, fleece top and tracksuit bottoms in colder months

4. Allotment, messing with guitars/drums etc in my recording studio.

5. not really

Hi, I am a 3rd year student researching male cyclists, between the ages of 40-60. If anyone could reply to a few questions i have i would be very very grateful.

1. Do you cycle to work?
Yes, unless I need to carry an outsize load or the weather is so inclement I can't.

2. Do you cycle for leisure?
Yes, when I get the chance.

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling?
Lycra cycling clothing. Sorry if this makes me a cliche but it's the most comfortable and best-suited for me. In my defence, it's all Aldi/Lidl :biggrin:

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling?
Gardening. DIY. Walks with our new mutt.

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range?
Yes (price dependant I'm afraid).

Thanks again :smile:

stoofer34

Just scrape in!
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. cycle jersey MTB Shorts

4. Beer Taster and Pub Dog trainer

5. Maybe

S

Cosmicned

1. Do you cycle to work?
Yes
- always come rain or shine...
2. Do you cycle for leisure?
Yes, whenever I get the chance.

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling?

Usually some Lycra cycling clothing. Mine's mostly Tenn Outdoors or Aldi/Lidl too...!

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling?

Playing guitar in local bands...

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range?

Yes - BUT it has to be well made/fit BIG fellas like me & not WAY overpriced like a lot of Cycle kit...

andyh

Über Member
1) not very often

2) yes

3) cycling gear (lycra)

4) sea fishing/ boats/ and my kids

5) no

wakou

Über Member
  1. Yes if within range
  2. Yes
  3. Some cheap cycling gear with spd shoes or jeans/ T-shirt
  4. Computer/pub
  5. Maybe

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Yes
Yes
Horses for courses - anything from full lycra to baggies to casual clothes to a suit
Music, titting around on the internet
No - if I'm riding for long enough to need something breathable and comfortable I'll get lycra'ed up.

Bad Company

Very Old Person
1. No

2. Yes

3. Anything but lycra :headshake:

4. Motoring\cars, football at West Ham, meeting friends, travel - often in California and good beer :tongue:.

5. Yes

1. Yes, as often as is pracicable.

2. Yes, with colleagues, family & friends

3. Anything from the clothes I need for work, to full cycling kit.

4. Photography.

5. Yes, I would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range. I often wear a waterproof hi-viz jacket that I refer to as my 'boil in a bag' jacket, so something truly breathable would appeal to me.

TVC

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? Commute - Work wear and waterproof if required. Leisure - Lycra

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? Hill Walk, Dive, Cook,

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? Not really

Manonabike

Über Member
No

Yes

Cycling kit, jeans, shorts ..... depends on the purpose of my ride.

Reading, watching tv, walking, eating out.

Not really - breathable cloths don't work well enough for cycling...... are you really a student? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom