Male Cyclists aged 40-60

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Again, just at the bottom end:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Lycra cycling gear

4. Church, motoring, lots of things?

5. Not really, work wear is brought in anyway and cycling gear wouldn't be appropriate for my job role

blockend

5. Define smart.
I'm getting images of fawn coloured or navy blue easy-wash trousers with lots of velcro - maybe a new spin on a windcheater. No ta.
If by smart you mean Argyle socks, tweed plusses and a Norfolk jacket that don't make me sweat like a pig or something one might wear to a party without a hint of Saga, Rohan, outward bound courses, or worthiness of any variety, then yes, absolutely.

Thomk

Guru
Hi, I am a 3rd year student researching male cyclists, between the ages of 40-60. If anyone could reply to a few questions i have i would be very very grateful.

1. Do you cycle to work?

2. Do you cycle for leisure?

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling?

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling?

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range?

Thanks again :smile:
You're welcome but you can only "Thanks again" if you've thanked previously.

1. Yes sometimes
  2. Yes sometimes
  3. Some lycra, some MB clothes, various stuff
  4. Studying the Max Lange Attack and French Guimard, playing with and educating my kids, growing pumpkins, going to the gym (I think that's a fad) and paying some attention to my partner to ensure that she doesn't leave me. Oh and being pedantic.
  5. It doesn't sound too appealing but would need to see it and test it on its algebra to see how smart it really was

Freddyflintstone

1. Do you cycle to work? Yes

2. Do you cycle for leisure? Yes

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? My old ones to annoy her indoors

4. What other past times do you do -creating flatulance, heartburn, being grumpy

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable- breathable yes to release the flatulance

Chrisz

Über Member
1. Do you cycle to work? YES

2. Do you cycle for leisure? YES

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? CYCLING STUFF

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? DIY CAR MAINTENANCE

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? NO

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Hi, I am a 3rd year student researching male cyclists, between the ages of 40-60. If anyone could reply to a few questions i have i would be very very grateful.

1. Do you cycle to work?

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range?

1. No
2. Yes
3. Lycra
4. Running - especially, Fell Running
5. Yes

Brandane

Legendary Member
1. Do you cycle to work? No, it's too far away.

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? Lycra shorts, covered by Endura long trousers (shorts in good weather). Top half - any old T shirt, fleece in winter, waterproof jacket. Casual jeans etc. if not going far.

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? Motorbike riding and maintenance, car maintenance, bike fettling.

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? Depends on price and suitability. Breathable usually = expensive, so probably not.​

1. Yes, when I worked

2. Yes

3. Short trips (<10 miles) ordinary clothes. Longer trips, cycling-specific

4. Rock climbing, walking, family

5. Unlikely. I don't need to arrive looking smart anywhere. Even when I worked I kept suit, tie, etc. at work to change into.

Bicycle

1. Do you cycle to work?
Yes
Yes
Mostly road-style lycra. Even off-road I wear road stuff. It's good for me wherever I'm riding.
Gardening, reading, chess, study of language, 20th century East European literature, the influence of faith and conflict on SE European culture, old cars, old motorcycles, stuff.
No, probably not. I come from the days of woolen cycling shorts, so lycra is quite extraordinary to me. I'm like the guy with a 1992 Nissan who is still blown away by its electric door mirrors when everyone else has Dual-Zone Auto Climate Control, ESP, Brake Assist and flappy-paddle gearchange.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man

1. Do you cycle to work?

1. Yes for part of journey - folder user.
2. Yes
3. Mostly ordinary clothes Rohan Bags or similar
4. Hillwalking, watching aeroplanes
5. No

byegad

Legendary Member

1. Do you cycle to work?
I did but I'm retired now.
Yes.
As a recumbent rider I find cycling clothing is OK, running specific clothing better and some mountain activety clothing the best.
Too many to list.
I have this sort of clothing, a mixture of Montane, Rohan and Paramo as well as the more usual cycling brands.

Orange

1. Yes, 3 days out of 5.
2. Yes.
3. Lycra, tracksuit, wind-proof jacket.
4. Judo, running.
5. Probably not. Definitely not if it was premium priced. Possibly if somhow the trousers could double as smart work trousers and were somewhat weatherproof.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
1. Do you cycle to work?
Yes

Occasionally

Lycra shorts or tights.
Lycra base layer.
Cycling t-shirt or top

Family stuff. Grown up children, one baby grandchild.

Probably not. (25 mile round trip commute.)

Klaus

Just out of interest - the OP has only ever posted once on this board - why do we carry on answering the questions - we don't even get an acknowledgment? Somehow I doubt the poster even checks back on here ....

1. Do you cycle to work? YES

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? CYCLING CLOTHES

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? PLAY GOLF, SKIING

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? YES

Top Bottom