Man Bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Tetedelacourse said:
and where pray tell would you keep your exfoliater and foundation? Next you'll be telling me you don't wear lycra!

See I told you what would happen

Night Train

Maker of Things
I used to carry a 'bag' when I had a lot of work gadgets to lug around and was wearing a suit. Normally I just use pockets as I can't leave it lying around to get nicked. I don't really care whay other people think of lumpy pockets in my jeans.
I carry: wallet, change, mini maglite, phone, two sets of keys, pen and sometimes an A6 sketch pad and pen.

Noodley

Tetedelacourse said:
and where pray tell would you keep your exfoliater and foundation? Next you'll be telling me you don't wear lycra!

At home, where it supposed to be kept. No need to exfoliate "on the move". And I don't need foundation, I am "naturally" gorgeous :biggrin:

Noodley

Keith Oates said:
Carrying any type of bag is a nuisance, put things in your pockets and if it too much for that leave it at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly...

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
Noodley said:
A "man bag" is a fashion statement/lifestyle choice - a straight forward "bag" is something to carry stuff in. ;)

There is no need for most of the stuff carried in a "man bag", and they are filled with needless stuff which could otherwise be left at home or carried in one's hand.

A proper bag is for "real" stuff like shopping. A "man bag" would only permit the purchase of a small tin of aloe vera/johoba hand rub which could fit neatly beside the small selection of other useless shite..:evil::biggrin:

And with all that stuff in your pockets (which I hate) where do I put my drugs? :ohmy:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Noodley said:
or alternatively - a supermarket bag. Wear an overcoat and flat cap and trudge about a la Eric Morcombe..waggling your specs every now and again and shouting wey-hey!
:evil:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Noodley said:
or alternatively - a supermarket bag. Wear an overcoat and flat cap and trudge about a la Eric Morcombe..waggling your specs every now and again and shouting wey-hey!

Chapeau!

:evil:

twowheelsgood

I have a manbag and I'm proud!

Call me a gayist if you must: http://www.ebags.co.uk/chiarugi/leather_messenger/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=71777

Me and the lovely Mrs. twowheels chose it on holiday in Florence (cost the same in Euros). They have been common on continental Europe for decades and don't get a second look.

If you want to avoid any accusations for effeminism in the UK, then carry either a courier bag or laptop bag (sans laptop). I hate carrying a wallet, cash, phone, keys, usb memory key, camera etc. in my pocket and the bag is absolutely ideal for my Asus eee pc which practically lives with me these days. As for shopping, you carry a foldable, re-usable bag inside.

One of things that really bugs my about returning to Britain is people feel it necessary to judge others and even worse comment on it. I would have thought as cyclists you would have experienced this with lycra-wearing. I passed a middle-aged woman riding one of the aluminium micro-scooters this morning, can you imagine that in Britain without some "wag" commenting of whether grandma had lost her grandson?

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
Indeed Mr. twowheels. I went for a canvas version of the one you're showing, in the end with loads of pockets,etc in army green.

Top Bottom