Man bag...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
My wife got me one for Christmas. It is a nice leather one from Gap. I was initially reluctant but I am getting used to it and using it much more now. It is very practical and attractive.

peanut

I used to carry an A4 one in the 70's when I was following a course in Architecture. It was tan leather and contained A4 pad watercolours pencils pens .
I would really like to use some sort of bag or case to carry my digi cam ,mini palmbook ,keys and other crap but haven't got the bottle. It does have the unfortunate image now of a fagbag .:sad:
I'm just so uncool I have no idea what image I am projecting these days

Cranky

I'm so used to carrying my courier bag around (as a necessity of local bike trips) that I've never given any thought to it. Could it be seen as a manbag? Should I be concerned?

This thread has got me doing searches on said items and, I have to say, I'd consider buying one, provided it's fairly plain with a shoulder strap.

Arch said:
I sometimes use a rucksack (on two shoulders, I'm afraid, comfort comes above style)

Depends how heavy the rucksack is. One week's shopping = both shoulders. Some odds and ends weighing very little = one shoulder.:ohmy:

My pockets usually contain:
Back pockets:
Wallet
Golden Virginia and papers
Front Pockets:
Handkerchief and penknife
Keys
Change
More Keys (sometimes)
Lighter

...so, no call for a man bag.

colly

Re member eR
Frankly I don't see the need for such a contraption.

Surely all one has to do is have one's valet carry anything that might spoil the cut or one's suit.:ohmy:

yello

colly said:
Surely all one has to do is have one's valet carry anything that might spoil the cut or one's suit.

Oh I agree. Absolutely. But of course he must carry everything in a man bag.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
DSC00051a.jpg

I team mine with a beret. You've got to be pretty darn sure of yourself walking through Brixton tube with a beret on.

(fashion note) Simon's Italian man-bag is handstitched leather with a woven front panel...

yello

If that counts as a man bag then I have a total of 3 man bags! Mine gets teamed with a breton cap. De rigour for Soho, get yer 'ead kicked on Moss Side!

louise

Mr Pig said:
Yeah, no way.

I fact, I think that women carrying handbags is stupid. Just a good way to loose all of the most important things you can carry in one go! Car keys, money, credit cards, house keys, any other personal info you're carrying. All in the hands of Mr Nasty if your bag gets stolen. Idiotic.

For some of us there is no choice its a bit difficult to carry inhalers, painkillers, nebuliser, etc etc in my pocket

LLB

louise said:
For some of us there is no choice its a bit difficult to carry inhalers, painkillers, nebuliser, etc etc in my pocket

If I had that much stuff, I'd consider this ;)

15020833.JPG

Top Bottom