Man bag...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdamBlade

I've got a messenger style bag which goes most places with me. Admittedly, I don't carry half the stuff other people carry, just phone, wallet, ipod and water. Filling my pockets with all these will just make my pockets bulge, surely!?!

Arch

Married to Night Train
[quote name='swee'pea99']

Tweezers? Lypsyl? Small maglite? Wot, no kitchen sink?:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

As someone who struggles against a compulsion to carry more stuff than I really need, all I can say is, you wait until you need a splinter removing, or a light in a dark space. It's like insurance, the day you leave it at home, is the day you'll need it. People laugh at me, but know who to come to for a plaster.

I sometimes use a rucksack (on two shoulders, I'm afraid, comfort comes above style) and sometimes a small courier bag - I've actually started to us that on the bike instead of a pannier, as it's easier to carry off the bike. But if I need to carry much shopping, I'll revert to the rucksack on foot, or panniers on the bike.

Mr Pig

Arch said:
As someone who struggles against a compulsion to carry more stuff than I really need, all I can say is, you wait until you need a splinter removing...

Funny, but I seem to have survived thus far! ;0) In fact, I don't even wear a watch. No need because the world is full of people like you who all have one :0)

yello

I don't wear a watch either, nor carry one in my man bag.

The current contents are; wallet, mobile, house keys, glasses, diary, pen, camera... I defy you to get that lot in your pockets and not look very pleased to see someone! Yesterday, I had my passport and social security bumpf too, for a visit to the local health authority office. Darned useful things these man bags.

tyred

Legendary Member
Left hand trouser pocket = Wallet and some lose change
Right hand trouser pocket = cigarettes and lighter
Left hand coat pocket = mobile phone
Right hand coat pocket = car + office + house keys

I don't need to carry anything else on a typical day so see no use for a hand bag.

LLB

Over The Hill said:
It is simple

If you want to look like this

then walk around like a girl with a load of stuff in a little bag.

You may find lots of people will say "NO, well meet you there" when arranging to go anywhere.

Pink shirt & Handbag = camp

yello

LLB said:
Pink shirt & Handbag = camp

Probably gets more women than you ever did though! :tongue:

bryce

Supermarket plastic bag usually does the trick for extra loads. Chuckable after load has been delivered.

Otherwise
Keys = right pocket
Mobile, coins = left pocket
Wallet = back left pocket
Back right pocket is an emergency reserve rarely used.

Lets see;

Trousers
Front left outer - some loose change
Front left inner - hankie
Front right outer - empty
Front right inner - knife and steel
Back left - empty
Back Right - wallet
Cargo main - bottle opener and corkscrew, mobile phone and any paperwork that I need to carry
Cargo outer - empty
Off D ring - Church front door key

Fleece top
Left and right - what ever else I need to have handy including house and bike keys

No need to carry a "man bag".
Thought this was about articles of clothing to support a mans bits:ohmy:.

Top Bottom