Man bag...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
snapper_37 said:
Man bags are cool ... as long as they aren't strapped around the waist and worn with shin length socks and nasty brown sandals.

Damn:blush:
Seriously though, it would be interesting (at least for me) so see if the "yes/no camp is age linked.
I need
phone, keys, wallet, notepad, pencil, diary, paperback,reading glasses,camera,gloves,MP3 thingy,anti vertigo tabs... and thats just the essentials. Then theres hipflask, fingerpicks,batteries...

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Just get yourself one. It's just a bag for carrying stuff in and you have stuff to carry;). And there are much more stylish examples than the one posted (but I haven't time to go looking at the mo).

yello

HelenD123 said:
And there are much more stylish examples than the one posted.

And ones that look much less like some kind of gadget bag.

If you go to any UK street market, you'll see quite a few of the traders will use one.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I have to agree with RT. A rucksack worn insouciantly over one shoulder is the way to go if your pockets aren't big enough

barq

I have a small courier bag that goes everywhere with me. That normally holds a small umbrella, mobile phone, headphones, corkscrew/bottle opener, small maglite, pens, tissues, medicines, alcohol hand gel, tweezers, lypsyl, chewing gum, spare credit card, various USB gizmos (thumb drive, 3g modem, phone charger...), post it notes, mini pump, multitool, postage stamps, business cards (mine and other people's) and a book. Sometimes my baby laptop/netbook goes instead of a book.

ChrisKH

Guru
I have a GI medic type green canvas bag that I use on holidays. So yes.
I have looked at small courier bags as well.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I bought one from ebay it's leather size 300 x 400 it's more like a courier bag

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
barq said:
I have a small courier bag that goes everywhere with me. That normally holds a small umbrella, mobile phone, headphones, corkscrew/bottle opener, small maglite, pens, tissues, medicines, alcohol hand gel, tweezers, lypsyl, chewing gum, spare credit card, various USB gizmos (thumb drive, 3g modem, phone charger...), post it notes, mini pump, multitool, postage stamps, business cards (mine and other people's) and a book. Sometimes my baby laptop/netbook goes instead of a book.
As others have said, yegods. Or, to put it another way, why?

Bum-pocket: key fob/wallety thing containing cards, keys and cash
Front pocket: office keys and small change
Other FP: mobile

Tweezers? Lypsyl? Small maglite? Wot, no kitchen sink?:biggrin:

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Well, I'm gonna get one .... Hmm... distressed leather I think .. and maybe a malacca and and who knows, a fedora is tempting... wont I cut a dash :biggrin::biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
I used to carry a record/mesenger style bagaround a few ago, but I was in my early 20s so could probably get away with it.

Some shoulder bags aren't too bad, but avoid the ones with the little handle to put around your wrist.

Also avoid these

http://www.koffski.com/index.php?lang=en

They would make anyone like a ****

(But I am fashionably challenged, so what would I know)

Top Bottom