Man cycles kids to school using adapted wheelbarrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Born2die

Oh the horror bobble hats and not helmets :hyper:

[QUOTE 2789033, member: 30090"]Personally I think he should fit seat belts - at the very least.[/quote]

Came across this article this evening and wondered what the actual legal stance on it was?

AFAIK it should be ok- was it just an over the top reaction from a bored officer?

I would have no problem being stopped

The Officer was unsure and asked the obvious question..... that is not unreasonable

Te rest is the usual poorly researched, untrue, sensationalist drivel that one expects from the DailyWail

Thank (insert chosen Deity) that the rider was English.....

Sara_H

Guru
I would have no problem being stopped

The Officer was unsure and asked the obvious question..... that is not unreasonable

Te rest is the usual poorly researched, untrue, sensationalist drivel that one expects from the DailyWail

Thank (insert chosen Deity) that the rider was English.....
I think I would have a problem in that mans position.

Whats been happening in London with regard to pedestrians and cyclists being killed by motrsts is horrific. From what I've read, the police appear to be targetting more cyclists than motorists in this crackdown. I think thats wrong for a start off. And given that they are focusing on cyclists, I don't think it's unrealistic to expect them to at least know the law taht they are supossedly trying to enforce.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member

Whats been happening in London with regard to pedestrians and cyclists being killed by motrsts is horrific. From what I've read, the police appear to be targetting more cyclists than motorists in this crackdown. I think thats wrong for a start off. And given that they are focusing on cyclists, I don't think it's unrealistic to expect them to at least know the law taht they are supossedly trying to enforce.

Sara, you have obviously never been a police officer. You cannot know all the statutes in the book, there is just far too many. That is when common sense comes in. Looking at the photo of the guy with the children and cargo bike. Common sense tells me the kids are safe and the bike looks sound. The rider does not look like a rebel without a cause. I would not have stopped him.

Steve

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

in fact they're targeting everybody, and they're warning people rather than booking them. And, when the young toff on the Barclays Bike whizzed on to the footpath to avoid a red light and the police, who had been in plain view, pulled him up fifty yards on, I, for one, went on my way with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

And London is still a far safer place to cycle than the rest of the UK - we just have more journos on bikes than other parts.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Oh the horror bobble hats and not helmets :hyper:

They ARE wearing helmets; it's just that the helmets are perched uselessly so far back on their heads that you can't see them. If I was a Police officer I would have stopped him for that reason alone and told him he was a muppet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom