Man v Rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Must ride thru winter...must ride thru winter..

Apart from when it's raining. Or windy. Or icey. Or snowing. Or stupidly cold..... Ach well, it'll soon be April again :smile:.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive been manic at work today and its been raining so on the way home I picked up a " crud guard " I wanted something I could put on my road bike if its wet but take off when it isn't . They are for MTB's but the only thing they had in stock that fitted me requests . £14.99 and stops my bottom getting wet :unsure:
The roads where dry by the time I got to go out so I have no idea if it works :laugh:

Sara_H

Guru
Todays ride to work was exhilerating, on the there I could only open one eye at a time due to the sheet of water pouring straight at me!

When I arrived at work I had puddles in my shoes!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Man v Rain..Warm rain falling on you while out cycling is nice,but that happens not too often. The usual cold rain is something i'm not looking forward to over the next 8 months.:headshake:Pot holes filled with water are deceiving and therefore dangerous!:eek:

Sara_H

Guru
went out into rain, nearly got run over, went back home. :cry:
When I was out yesterday a driver in front of me slammed brakes on (put indicator on at the same time :rolleyes:) I slammed brakes on and just hoped with all my hert that the car driver behind me was slamming their brakes on :sweat:. Heard a bit of sreeching of brakes, started to poo my pants, then realised it was my disc brakes objecting to the amount of rain!

If you're going out into the rain by choice, it's a lot harder to get out there, but I usually find myself like a kid stomping in wet puddles, and if it's a pretty bad down pour, I really can't get much wetter.

I dislike wind more than rain.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I love riding in the rain, partly because the fair-weather riders seek alternative modes of commute. Since these riders are more likely to be bad riders, not knowing how to overtake, give way, etc., we both benefit. They avoid the nasty rain drops, and I have a happier commute! :biggrin:

Sara_H

Guru
I love riding in the rain, partly because the fair-weather riders seek alternative modes of commute. Since these riders are more likely to be bad riders, not knowing how to overtake, give way, etc., we both benefit. They avoid the nasty rain drops, and I have a happier commute! :biggrin:
I'm not sure thats true. Last week I thought the bike shed would be a bit emptier because the school holidays had finished, but they weren't. Yesterday I thought it would be emptier because of the rain, it wasn't!
Our bike shed is now rammed every day, come what may. I often get the last space, sometimes there's no space, but I lock it to my boyfriends bike, cos he usually starts a couple of hours before me!

Top Bottom