England : Cheshire Manchester 100 Cycle Chat Team Outing - 02/09/2012 - Sub six hours ride time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Here is last year's route on strava, albeit the start is from near my house rather than the actual start (1st few miles). Gives some idea of undulations etc.

I recall for the last 2 year's, the routes have been identical.

I have a tcx file of the route and will be loading that up on my garmin.

Edwards80

Über Member
Sounds ace. Very much up for this :smile:

aJohnson

Ok I should be there, if I'm not fit enough to keep going at the speed I can always get picked up from my brother as he doesn't live far from there or ride there myself(should have a gps by this time).

lanternerouge

Veteran
Sounds like fun but no stopping? 100miles??

400bhp

Guru
Sounds like fun but no stopping? 100miles??

You'll have to wait to see what Fossy says, but I don't see any harm in stopping at the midway point. There's a school where they sell basic foodstuffs. I'll have a bit of a nosey to see if there are any cafes near/on the route around midway that we could grab a brew/cake.

400bhp

Guru
Well, perfect. Nantwich Marina is en-route and almost bang on half way. I haven't been but it's on the macc wheelers website as a cyclist friendly cafe. I can give them a ring nearer the date to check it's open. In fact I may go down there on a recce ride before that anyway.

Fossy's call on stops as it's his thread - calling Fossy. :bicycle:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Of course we can stop.

That pub at Middlewich is usually full of totty on the M100 (the 60 milers are there by the time the 100 early lot arrive). Bloody shame the last two times we've ploughed through. 1st time me and another lad really really thought about stopping. :tongue: :evil:

I've just done it for me the last two times - i.e. rely on no-one do my own thing, no stops - more a personal goal since getting back fit 5 years ago.

There are a few places to pull over and re-fuel. PS the numbers you get are crap, and fall off with sweat anyway, even with 'careful' preparation/fixing. The Last 35 after Middlewich have few stops, other than Wilmslow, and you are really close to home then.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just remember, if we bail at the Marina, we'll need to let the taggers on from the main event know. :blush: (after we have stopped)

The School (official stop) is about 56ish miles.

Top Bottom