England : Cheshire Manchester 100 Cycle Chat Team Outing - 02/09/2012 - Sub six hours ride time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Just remember, if we bail at the Marina, we'll need to let the taggers on from the main event know. :blush: (after we have stopped)

The School (official stop) is about 56ish miles.

I guess we could stop there and stop at the pub too. For those that wish to continue not stopping at the pub it's an easy 20-25 miles from there to the finish.

I didn't see much totty there. :unsure:

400bhp

Guru
Where's the start and finish point? And does anyone live really close to it that I could park/leave my car there?

Start/finish is Wytnehshawe park. Avoid parking your car there unless you want to wait an hour to get in/out.

I live around 4 miles away-you're welcome to leave your car outside mine. Potsy lives a bit closer.

Or, you could leave your car in some of the nearish car parks in relatively salubrius areas.. Sale centre/Timperley centre / Navigation Rd train station for example

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Well fired up for this now after all the TdF excitement. I will go along with the group consensus on stops but personally would contemplate two stops at around the 50m and 75 mile marks for comfort or if pushed just one stop at about 60-65 miles. I will leave the choice of venues entirely in the hands of those more knowledgable than me and trust in their judgement!

I really hope the CycleChat shirts come through in time, I think it will be a sight to behold with a 'Team CycleChat' peleton winding it's way around the Chesire countryside :bicycle:

Start/finish is Wytnehshawe park. Avoid parking your car there unless you want to wait an hour to get in/out.

I live around 4 miles away-you're welcome to leave your car outside mine. Potsy lives a bit closer.

Or, you could leave your car in some of the nearish car parks in relatively salubrius areas.. Sale centre/Timperley centre / Navigation Rd train station for example

Ah ha - Potsy - Can I leave my car at your place please?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Don't suppose you fancy giving me a lift do you DC? in exchange for a beer voucher. Just got home to find a refund from the cancelled ryedale rumble.

I've cleared it with SWMBO so as long as nothing changes, then yes. There's normally only 1 space for a bike in the car but we've got roof bars for hers now which means I can carry up to 2bikes.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Don't suppose you fancy giving me a lift do you DC? in exchange for a beer voucher. Just got home to find a refund from the cancelled ryedale rumble.
I've cleared it with SWMBO so as long as nothing changes, then yes. There's normally only 1 space for a bike in the car but we've got roof bars for hers now which means I can carry up to 2bikes.
I hope you guys realise you are crashing my party?
. I intend to ride alone so I can set my own pace but if anyone wants to tag along for a while then let me know. My designated start time is 7am but I might hold back for 30 minutes and I intend to keep an average speed of about 15mph or a bit more if I can maintain it over the distance.
Maybe the expected Av speed has increased a little since that post. My recent M2B ride was at over 19mph for the first 70 miles while riding solo

Top Bottom