England : Cheshire Manchester 100 Cycle Chat Team Outing - 02/09/2012 - Sub six hours ride time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
If you want peace of mind with your cars Wilmslow would be a good bet. I would say park at mine but I am North of the border that weekend.

aJohnson

Doesn't seem likely for me unless I can gain my fitness back quick, having the flu has really interrupted my get back into shape plan. But we'll see, I could always just ride so much then head back, my brothers house isn't far from the meeting place.

Doesn't seem likely for me unless I can gain my fitness back quick, having the flu has really interrupted my get back into shape plan. But we'll see, I could always just ride so much then head back, my brothers house isn't far from the meeting place.
I'm worried about the pace myself aJ TBH. So if we blow we can always ride back together. I am hoping to stick the pace, and people are telling me I'll be fine, but I've only done one ton before, and it included several stops and a lower pace.

Edwards80

Über Member
Turns out this is on my father-in-laws birthday. Spent some serious brownie points and I'm still allowed to come. I think the "But it will only be 6 hours!" line swung it ;)

aJohnson

I'm worried about the pace myself aJ TBH. So if we blow we can always ride back together. I am hoping to stick the pace, and people are telling me I'll be fine, but I've only done one ton before, and it included several stops and a lower pace.

It's the distance I'm worried about, I became very unfit when I went university. So I'm trying to regain fitness, but the flu has really messed up my plan.

I'll probably come anyway though, if I cant keep up or get tired early then I'll just loop round, as I said my brothers place is near the start.

Judderz

I've never done a ton before period, furthest ever is 67miles, so a new one for me.

Does anyone live extremely nearby I can park my car at?

Peowpeowpeowlasers

I did it last year with five stops, the longest at Nantwich (about 20 minutes). My total GPS time was 7:13 but I think if I'm in a group with you guys I can get that under 6 hours. I did the 52-mile Great Manchester Cycle in under three hours. I'd love to ride with you guys although I think a couple of stops are a must, if only to refill with liquids.

I live in Flixton, not far from 400bhp, I have a bike rack so if anyone wants a lift, feel free to drop me a line. I strongly urge anyone considering parking in the park to get there early, the traffic was a nightmare last year and I was 30 minutes late off the start line. A good friend of mine lives in Sale so I may see if she'll let me park at hers, that'll save a lot of bother.

I'll also be filming the ride with my GoPro, I might borrow another so as to have a rear view.

Top Bottom