England : Cheshire Manchester 100 Cycle Chat Team Outing - 02/09/2012 - Sub six hours ride time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
First post updated with start time, meeting point and riders.

Under 6 hours is easily achieveable in a group that's working. I've twice done it in 5 hours 10 on more or less my own (sat at the front or on my todd) for most of the ride. If you aren't feeling too 'fresh' then stay a bit further back in the group, oh and ride in a close bunch - leaving gaps robs you of the drag benefit you get. Be 3 or more rows back and it's like a free ride. :thumbsup:

400bhp

Guru
A reminder too of the cafe stop. Nantwich Marina, just under 50 miles in, and just before the official Nantwich stop which is at a school. Should there be any problems at the marina we can just go to the official stop.

Details here: http://www.nantwichmarina.co.uk/index.php/home/cafe-and-launderette

Google map here

Note, I haven't been before, but it's on Macc Wheelers website so should be cycle friendly. I might bob down there on the bike in the next couple of weeks.

Someone mentioned other stops too? What's the plan?

Judderz

I live around 4 miles away-you're welcome to leave your car outside mine.
I think leaving it at yours would be the best and safest option if thats ok. So would probably get to yours for about 6.30am, get to the start for around 6.45/6.50, nice little break just before we set off.
So that means possibly picking Smokeysmoo up about 6am'ish...(I'd probably get up around 4.30am :sad: )

400bhp

Guru
I think leaving it at yours would be the best and safest option if thats ok. So would probably get to yours for about 6.30am, get to the start for around 6.45/6.50, nice little break just before we set off.
So that means possibly picking Smokeysmoo up about 6am'ish...(I'd probably get up around 4.30am :sad: )

fine by me-will pm you later with address. :thumbsup:

Judderz

A 97 Peugeot 306, was thinking just drop the back seats down, did the same last year for the Mcr/B.pool, was ok, but a van sounds much easier, and probs easier to go from mine (I live in Astley nr Tyldesley)

400bhp

Guru
Yeah fine. Either leave it on my drive or on the road/ in one of the residents parking bays round the corner.

loadz

Im also doing this with SWMBO,we've paid our entry money already and for parking.Would arriving at the park about 0630 be ok for getting parked?

How far from the official start are you planning to leave,Would love to join in for a bit,even if its just to experience group riding!!

400bhp

Guru
Im also doing this with SWMBO,we've paid our entry money already and for parking.Would arriving at the park about 0630 be ok for getting parked?

How far from the official start are you planning to leave,Would love to join in for a bit,even if its just to experience group riding!!

Nope-too late. 6am

Top Bottom