England : Cheshire Manchester 100 Cycle Chat Team Outing - 02/09/2012 - Sub six hours ride time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've cleared it with SWMBO so as long as nothing changes, then yes. There's normally only 1 space for a bike in the car but we've got roof bars for hers now which means I can carry up to 2bikes.

Cheers DC I'll get in touch to sort out the details closer to the time :thumbsup:

colly

Re member eR
I like the look of this too, so all things being equal I'll be along. :smile:

Seriously tempted by this. The average does worry me TBH as I've only just done my first imperial century last Sunday, although I was surprised at how reasonable I felt at the end.

Total ride time was approx. 7 hours but there was a very varied ability range taking part, no-one got left behind and the av.speed was obviously slower.

I am doing the ride for sure, and TBH would rather put the entry fee to my own fund raising efforts, making Fossy's ride even more appealing :thumbsup:

So the question is, do I fudge it on my jack jones, or perhaps make a tit of myself and go down in CC history? :blush:

I shall ponder a little while longer:cuppa:

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I'm doing this on the official site and with a cycle club

Must admit it will be a huge challenge for me as the most I've ever done is 32 miles, but the lads in the club assure me riding in a group makes it a lot easier.

My average is 15mph round here which is all hills,this route is reasonably flat, so that should help me a bit

Edwards80

Über Member
Earlier start the better for me - attending the father in laws birthday that day and am currently pulling some serious strings with the missus to allow me to ride this one :biggrin:

Will give me extra motivation to take longer turns on the front to avoid the wrath of being late back ;)

Total ride time was approx. 7 hours but there was a very varied ability range taking part, no-one got left behind and the av.speed was obviously slower.

My moving ride time for the 100 on sunday was 6 hours 10, given that you where faster than me on the outward 50 when we wheren't hanging back for your non-riding mate I would guess you will have no problem whatsover.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
My moving ride time for the 100 on sunday was 6 hours 10, given that you where faster than me on the outward 50 when we wheren't hanging back for your non-riding mate I would guess you will have no problem whatsover.

That makes me feel a whole lot better about my 7 hrs 7 min moving time but I couldn't have done that time without the hour and a half stoppage time/rest!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
OK folks list so far:-

Fossy
Skolly
DCLane
Potsy
400bhp
Edwards80
aJohnson
lanternrouge
endoman
kiwi-sal
Judderz
oldfatfool
colly
smokeysmoo
2wd ?
NotthatJasonKenny (Not coming)

I would suggest we meet say 7:00am for a 7:15 roll out, possibly just opposite the entrance, on the east corner of Rackhouse Lane and Wythenshawe Road

Here on the left before the junction.

https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=53.40...=anbP_KMQSFeDhkNo0uTYIA&cbp=12,275.94,,0,8.06

The event starts at 7am. Parking near the park is a nightmare with this event. I'll be riding the 10 miles to it (and home).

Top Bottom