England : Cheshire Manchester 100 Cycle Chat Team Outing - 02/09/2012 - Sub six hours ride time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edwards80

Über Member
It was concerning. What if Fossy had bounced into me and scratched scratched my bike :sad:

Total muppet. I'm sure he had somewhere to be on a Sunday afternoon that being 20 seconds later for would have meant disaster.

Peowpeowpeowlasers

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
yeah,maybe i am being a bit harsh. But come on, I'm sure you wanna look the part, and you wanna be the part. .

Bet your one of the ones that go to the sky city rides in full team gear, on a carbon bike and whizz in and out of the five year old kids on Ivor the engine bikes, with an inner smugness of "Scallped another one there"

This is not made up , ive seen it on several the sky city rides.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
OK - got Skolly (beaten to it!) on page 11 so others must be around that.

Anyone find the old bloke with the carrier bag? Respect to him - 100 miles, at 10mph he said he'd do, food in a carrier bag dangling from the handlebar and on an ancient single-speed bike.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Good to hear you all had a good day , i saw you congregating on the street corner as i was going in to the park , had already said i would do it with a cpl of lads who had never done it before or i would have joined you.

Never seen roads so slippery , went past three riders getting in ambulances, and also enjoyed the ranting’s of a bloke who got out of his car to moan about a rider mouthing the "F Off" words ,, strange how it’s funny watching someone totally loose it and look a complete tool.

That said also saw a lot of bad riding and very poor manners from club and "experienced" riders.

Once the drizzle stopped it was quite a good ride , doing it in 6hrs 20min plus food stop and puncture.

Never been so lucky with as puncture before as it went as we were just passing the mechanics tent coming out of the halfway school stop, so we had a proper track pump to pump it back up with.

\o/ Woo, no photos of me.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
_CSP9307.JPG

Wish i had not worn my Gilet and left it open, it makes me look proper fat , or should i say fatter

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
_CSP9361.JPG

Just spotted Fossyant 50 pics past mine so based on 1 rider per second going past the camera, that means you must have passed me a cpl of minutes or so after the photos were taken

Top Bottom