England : Cheshire Manchester 100 Cycle Chat Team Outing - 02/09/2012 - Sub six hours ride time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
x2 legs did take some cleaning up. Today I am mainly smashing up a concrete garage base slab! Glutton for punishment?

Looking forward to jumping on the bike for tonights commute to a 12 hr night shift :wacko:

You won't be able to do it. ;)

400bhp

Guru
The tan line on legs isn't much of a concern, I wear shorts year round including when not on the bike, granted not cycling shorts though :tongue: same with the arms and t-shirt lines but the wrist lines look unusually daft, hah.

Rob- if you're interested in the odd early morning saturday ride, there's a small group of us who occasionally meet up. Let me know if interested.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
You won't be able to do it. ;)

Ahem....
002-3.jpg

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Rob- if you're interested in the odd early morning saturday ride, there's a small group of us who occasionally meet up. Let me know if interested.

I am aware of this, I am on the mailing list, Hacienda let me know about it 2 weeks back :smile:

However I rarely get a Saturday morning free as I have a permanent volunteer role at South Manchester parkrun between 8:15am and about 10am.

potsy

Rambler
Another wythy park loiterer? :whistle:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
90 mins of cleaning and not even got to the drivetrain yet :tongue: Will do that tomorrow! (There was an awful lot of grit/sand in that dirt)

potsy

Rambler
After reviewing the vid you nearly became a bonnet ornament!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44LCZYWej-U

That's on my commute route, that 'farcility' was only introduced last year (I think as a traffic calming measure after a ped got killed) and the number of times drivers take that same chance is unbelievable, you really have to take the lane not to get squished :wacko:
Going the way you were Schneil it's great, especially when there's a queue of traffic waiting :thumbsup:

1st time I saw it they'd put the give-way lines down but hadn't yet fitted the bollards, I nearly had a heart attack as I went through it, 'give way to what'? :unsure:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's on my commute route, that 'farcility' was only introduced last year (I think as a traffic calming measure after a ped got killed)

I nearly ran into it at 6:55am on Sunday (before the start), wasn't expecting it as I turn off just before. I did see what the BM was doing so slightly slowed and breathed in ! :wacko: Just had enough room, we didn't have anywhere to go, but after 100 miles, no-one is going to make you move. :evil:

400bhp

Guru
I nearly ran into it at 6:55am on Sunday (before the start), wasn't expecting it as I turn off just before. I did see what the BM was doing so slightly slowed and breathed in ! :wacko: Just had enough room, we didn't have anywhere to go, but after 100 miles, no-one is going to make you move. :evil:

I don't remember that incident? Was that near the end?

Top Bottom