England : Cheshire Manchester 100 Cycle Chat Team Outing - 02/09/2012 - Sub six hours ride time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Nice video peowpeow, I look like a camel on there, I brought enough food for 2 I think, lol

Luckily you didn't catch a shot of my front, since you might have seen me with a water bottle stuffed down my bibs :smile:

Edit: Actually you did get a shot of my front, while I was re-arranging my bib-bottle to get it away from my nipple, hah.

Well done guys. I was thinking of you all whizzing round the nice flat roads of Cheshire in the Peleton using hardly any effort while I was crawling pulling up Skipton Old Road. The M'cr 100 is in my diary for 2013 :thumbsup:

BikeLiker

Great video but, going up the inside of a car that has slowed because there are other cyclists ahead ?
No, bad road skills.
Do what the car did; wait your turn.

Disagree. The car wasn't able to overtake the bikes due due to limited road width and was braking but another cycle could easily pass them safely. (It's at 6'50") No different than a motorbike overtaking when a bus wouldn't.

400bhp

Guru
Back on the bike this morning - nice and slow. I had a brompton drafting me most of the way:whistle:

I have been drinking a hell of a lot of water - think the temperature was deceptively humid.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Back on the bike this morning - nice and slow. I had a brompton drafting me most of the way:whistle:

I have been drinking a hell of a lot of water - think the temperature was deceptively humid.

I was somewhat 'slow' this morning - couldn't put any power down through my knees. Got Volterol rubbed in them now, so stinking the place out. I've an old hamstring injury that plays up after long rides - mainly as the last time I did anywhere near 120 miles was two years ago.

Peowpeowpeowlasers

Sounds like fun, apart from the muck! :thumbsup:

I saw some nasty accidents over the years on a right hand bend by a farm. There always seemed to be slurry on the road just as you came round the bend. I think a rider broke his pelvis one year coming off there. I don't know how the farmer got away with it year after year.

You'd think, given how much the company organising this have taken in payments, that they'd employ the services of a roadsweeper to clean the entire route. I bet it could be done for less than £200. Get a passenger in the vehicle with a big can of pink spray paint to highlight the dodgiest potholes.

Peowpeowpeowlasers

Great video but, going up the inside of a car that has slowed because there are other cyclists ahead ?
No, bad road skills.
Do what the car did; wait your turn.

Balls to that, she overtook me and slowed right down. Once I'd passed her I didn't see her again.

If anyone should have waited their turn, it was her.

400bhp

Guru
You'd think, given how much the company organising this have taken in payments, that they'd employ the services of a roadsweeper to clean the entire route. I bet it could be done for less than £200. Get a passenger in the vehicle with a big can of pink spray paint to highlight the dodgiest potholes.

I'm not sure they took as many payments this year as in the past-lots of people didn't have numbers on.

Entry fee duly donated to charity.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Just realised, I have developed tan lines at my wrists from wearing gloves! lol - I look like an even bigger tool now.

Edwards80

Über Member
Just realised, I have developed tan lines at my wrists from wearing gloves! lol - I look like an even bigger tool now.

lol. Welcome to the club!

Same with my legs too :biggrin: It's far worse now than it was in that photo :blush:

Attachments

• AxYSDI7CAAEKv3I.jpg
    AxYSDI7CAAEKv3I.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 61

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The tan line on legs isn't much of a concern, I wear shorts year round including when not on the bike, granted not cycling shorts though :tongue: same with the arms and t-shirt lines but the wrist lines look unusually daft, hah.

Top Bottom