England : Cheshire Manchester 100 Cycle Chat Team Outing - 02/09/2012 - Sub six hours ride time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Got back ages ago and spent about 2 hours cleaning the bike :ohmy: It's still not right but it'll do.

Great ride chaps, and was really good that all of us that finished together took some turns on the front.:thumbsup: Foss :bow: really great effort on the front, for most of the latter half.:thumbsup: I think at one point we must have had about 20 wheel suckers.

Question: Who was the HTC guy?

Reckon Skol had the muckiest top-don't know what that means though.:whistle:

Scott-that Manc Wheeller bod wants shooting-who was he and why didn't he just tell us at the start what he was doing:ninja:

I've done 915 miles in the last 30 days :ohmy: Supposed to be doing 100 down the TPT next week too. Aggh

Not wishing to boast but does anyone remember being passed by anyone that we didn't pass back?:whistle:

Hope Dave (DC Lane) was OK. Gaz (GAM001) said DC passed him at about 15 to go-he did say he looked like he was struggling a bit though.

When's the next one then:whistle:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
He did tell us at the start he was only doing the 60 I think. At least I knew... maybe he posted it on the club forum, something about he needed to get home sharpish to go somewhere with his wife.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I wasn't chasing any attacks at the end - my hamstring on left knee was playing up every time we stopped at lights, and I was finished anyway by the last two miles.

Good ride !

Edwards80

Über Member
I assumed he'd be on the 100 - didn't check the forum before I left - I slowed down as soon as 60 was mentioned :biggrin: Sure he didn't mean to cause us any grief :ohmy:

400bhp

Guru
It's highights one of the problems of someone turning up and not reading the thread.

Who invited him?

I hope he gets a shakedown on the next Wheelers ride.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can someone send me new knee caps please. Ouch. Cant walk up/down stairs well.

TBH this happens when I do 120 miles, as I hardly ever do that distance these days. I'll be a bit sore tomorrow, but fine by Tuesday. Steady ride on the fixed to work tomorrow in-case the knee caps fall off. The red wine is helping with the pain.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Can someone send me new knee caps please. Ouch. Cant walk up/down stairs well.

TBH this happens when I do 120 miles, as I hardly ever do that distance these days. I'll be a bit sore tomorrow, but fine by Tuesday. Steady ride on the fixed to work tomorrow in-case the knee caps fall off. The red wine is helping with the pain.

Get some Ibuprofen or voltarol down your neck mate.

Peowpeowpeowlasers

I got over 40 coming down the last hill through Delamere. I don't use Strava though. I hit 35 coming down Styal Road. On the way up the other side a bloke was pushing his bike, I shouted "last hill mate!" in a cheery fashion, his reply was pretty damn grumpy - "IS IT?"

I managed to complete my first 100 miler today on the Man 100, thanks for the nutrition tips guys it got me through the ride in one piece.

I was fortunate to meet a lad who lives near me who is slightly more accomplished on the bike and drafting each other we managed to do the ride in 5hrs 24 minutes. Not including 3 water stops and a mechanical when Steve ripped his tyre wall on a pot hole.

Made up with that time for my first century.

Judderz

+1. I was saying to Judderz today on what turned out to be only a 50 miler at a little over 16mph av. that we'd have been fine doing the CC Manc 100.

However, that was based on the initial post for this ride, and clearly before the lunatics broke out of the asylum :wacko:
53 miles please

**NB. would of been 60 if we'd had followed the GPS**

+1. I was saying to Judderz today on what turned out to be only a 50 miler at a little over 16mph av. that we'd have been fine doing the CC Manc 100.

However, that was based on the initial post for this ride, and clearly before the lunatics broke out of the asylum :wacko:

Wibble.

I properly laughed at this.

Top Bottom