England : Cheshire Manchester 100 Cycle Chat Team Outing - 02/09/2012 - Sub six hours ride time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
OK folks. 7.00am meet, 7:15 roll out - see bottom of post !

CC folk, by popular demand, would like to ride together for the Manchester 100 on 2/9/12. This isn't part of the main event, we are riding the route for ourselves as a group. Charity stuff is up to you !

Down side ? Aiming for sub six hour time (16.67 mph) - Plus side, easily achievable in a group, especially if we stick together - cohesion and team work - even if it means me and 400bhp on the front with a can of Skol dangling on the front for Skolly......:tongue:

.Very few traffic lights, so if your commutes are above 14 mph, this should be fine. REALLY.

Positive side, we get a great long ride together, good route.

If anyone get's a mechanical, they may need to let everyone know - we will get some big groups as others will tag on to any organised group, so if you've blown a tyre, shout 'cycle chat' or summut like 'sh1t help'.... :tongue:

You do need to take food/drink that is edible on the ride, i.e. it probably won't be a cafe stopper, but food refills can be done at a shop/stream/sheep dip.. (in the middle of no-where).

I've done it twice on food in pockets, with energy drinks/powder, but you need a re-fill at about 50 miles with water (official one is 56-58 miles) - plenty of petrol stations/sharing.

Ideas views folks ??

Riders so far:-

Fossy
Skolly
DCLane
Potsy (pulled out)
400bhp
Edwards80
aJohnson
lanternrouge
kiwi-sal
Judderz (pulled out)
oldfatfool (pulled out)
colly
smokeysmoo
2wd ?
Peowpeowpeowlasers

I would suggest we meet say 7:00am for a 7:15 roll out, possibly just opposite the entrance, on the east corner of Rackhouse Lane and Wythenshawe Road

Here on the left before the junction.

https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=53.40...=anbP_KMQSFeDhkNo0uTYIA&cbp=12,275.94,,0,8.06

The event starts at 7am. Parking near the park is a nightmare with this event. I'll be riding the 10 miles to it (and home).

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Now, what would be really good is if we could all get CC shirts........... :rolleyes:

:heads over to the cyclechat kit thread to check prices:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bl**dy soft southerner (Sth M/cr anyway!)

EDIT: Is Potsy coming coz I see the shirts are available in XXXXL :tongue:

Yup Short Sleeve is useless. I don't have the Oldham(shire) genes.... :thumbsup:

PS I keep only just keep spotting Potsy as he has shrunk - the new Fabian Cancellara ! A few of our Strava KOMs are under attack. :wacko:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Seems an interesting idea, and that makes 3 choices (this, Ryedale Rumble or Etape Cymru a week later).

If I'm correct, you're doing the route but not an official entry? i.e. the entry fee I would have paid goes on a CC jersey.

Is someone from the right side of the Pennines welcome?

potsy

Rambler
Now there's an idea, xxl cc jersey instead of paying bike events.

Pace would be at my upper limit so best get some training in between now and then.
Maybe Skol can carry all my supplies in his panier? :hungry:

400bhp

Guru
1. If I'm correct, you're doing the route but not an official entry? i.e. the entry fee I would have paid goes on a CC jersey.

2. Is someone from the right side of the Pennines welcome?

1. Well, I won't be paying. It's up to you whether you wish to pay or not. It's entirely up to you how you spend your money too-be that on a cycle chat jersey or keeping it in your pocket.^_^

2. Of course :thumbsup:

Top Bottom